[SOLVED] Which PSU?

Hi all,

I'm trying to come up with a cheap gaming rig for my little brother.

The issue is that I live in a developing country and PC parts here are quite expensive due to government taxation. To give you an example, the cheapest B450 motherboard with 4 slots I found (in parts list below) was almost 100$ (USD).

I am trying to find a suitable PSU that will fit my build below:
  • Ryzen 3 3200G
  • MSI B450M Pro VDH MAX
  • Team Elite 2x4Gb 3200Mhz
  • WD Green 240GB SSD

The only options I've found under 50$ for a PSU from brands I know are:
  • Corsair VS 450 Bronze
  • Corsair CV 450 Bronze
  • Silvestone ET450-B Bronze
  • Thermaltake Litepower RGB 450W Bronze
  • Cooler Master MWE 450W White 230v 80+
  • EVGA 400W 80+

Do you think any of these will work out considering that I want to be able to get him an RX 570 4GB in the next 6 months.

Solution
  • Corsair VS 450 Bronze
  • Corsair CV 450 Bronze
  • EVGA 400W 80+
Do you think any of these will work out considering that I want to be able to get him an RX 570 4GB in the next 6 months.

Eh, I'm not comfortable with any of them. You MIGHT be able to get away with the VS450 (the VS550 in the US right now is about the same price, check your own available stores as well), but only if it's NOT the orange label VS.

The only reason I'm considering that is because you're not using an add-in video card.

I'd prefer at the least a CX450 (2017)...

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
  • Corsair VS 450 Bronze
  • Corsair CV 450 Bronze
  • EVGA 400W 80+

Eh, I'm not comfortable with any of them. You MIGHT be able to get away with the VS450 (the VS550 in the US right now is about the same price, check your own available stores as well), but only if it's NOT the orange label VS.

The only reason I'm considering that is because you're not using an add-in video card.

I'd prefer at the least a CX450 (2017). Avoid the pre-2017 version.

What country are you in? Is there a selection for your country on PCPartPicker?

Solution

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
100$ for a matx b450 board is fairly standard some can be had cheaper but that’s fairly average in the us. Alternatively you can try to find an older dell like a t3500 if possible as they are good enough for modern gaming and fairly expandable. But that’s only if they are available on whatever kind of used electronics website you have.

I'd prefer at the least a CX450 (2017). Avoid the pre-2017 version.

What country are you in? Is there a selection for your country on PCPartPicker?

I live in a small island in Indonesia so we can't even get orders from Lazada/Tokopedia, which is our Amazon. Unfortunately the CX is not available here. Only the CXM to which the 550 starts at 90$ before shipping. PCPartpicker is not available and yes the VS is the grey unit.

Although I would like to add an RX 570 4GB for him the next time I visit.

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
I live in a small island in Indonesia so we can't even get orders from Lazada/Tokopedia, which is our Amazon. Unfortunately the CX is not available here. Only the CXM to which the 550 starts at 90$ before shipping. PCPartpicker is not available and yes the VS is the grey unit.

Although I would like to add an RX 570 4GB for him the next time I visit.
is there any way you can do a bit of traveling to some main land or perhaps if you have a relative who is in an area who can order something for you and have it shipped to you?

Ho
100$ for a matx b450 board is fairly standard some can be had cheaper but that’s fairly average in the us. Alternatively you can try to find an older dell like a t3500 if possible as they are good enough for modern gaming and fairly expandable. But that’s only if they are available on whatever kind of used electronics website you have.

I know 100$ is right around the usual price. But I wish I could have cut down 20$ on the board to be able to afford a Seasonic Eco 430W or a Pure Power U9.

I will have a look at the Dell and used parts as well although finding reliable used parts will be a challenge.

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Ho

I know 100$ is right around the usual price. But I wish I could have cut down 20$ on the board to be able to afford a Seasonic Eco 430W or a Pure Power U9.

I will have a look at the Dell and used parts as well although finding reliable used parts will be a challenge.
The older dell workstations such as the precision t3500 are built like tanks I’ve never had an issue with one even if it looks pretty beat up