[SOLVED] Which ram better for Ryzen 5 3600

Pcbuilder55

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
ok so just wanted to see what you guys think about the 2 options. So I wanted to know what the difference is between the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 vs 3600 mhz. I says that the 3600 is better optimized for amd and this being for a ryzen 5 3600 would you say that the 3600mhz is a better option? Will there be any difference? Also this is all on a X570 Motherboard.

Solution
But my current ram has a latency of 16 the 3600 has 18 so would that cause it to simply cancel out. So is it still better to get the 3600mhz since it says its also optimized for AMD.
It's not easy to answer that question as different programs/games prefer faster frequency and others may prefer lower Cl. Still in most cases faster frequency specially at those latencies would have some edge.
In any case overclocking slower RAM or lowering latency may be possible. If you already have Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 maybe you should try to OC it first. If you could oc it to lets say 3400MHZ and keep Cl 16, that would be best of both worlds. If you don't have it get 3600MHz any can try to lower Cl to 16. My Kingston can do that...
But my current ram has a latency of 16 the 3600 has 18 so would that cause it to simply cancel out. So is it still better to get the 3600mhz since it says its also optimized for AMD.
It's not easy to answer that question as different programs/games prefer faster frequency and others may prefer lower Cl. Still in most cases faster frequency specially at those latencies would have some edge.
In any case overclocking slower RAM or lowering latency may be possible. If you already have Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 maybe you should try to OC it first. If you could oc it to lets say 3400MHZ and keep Cl 16, that would be best of both worlds. If you don't have it get 3600MHz any can try to lower Cl to 16. My Kingston can do that, it was XMP rated for CL18 at 3600MHz but works fine at Cl16.

Reactions: lynx1021
Solution