[SOLVED] Which ram for a R9 3900x? For gaming

Jun 7, 2020
First off, I don't care about the looks at all, just the performance.
I've looked around quite a lot and I've come closer and closer towards which ram I might end up buying.
So far I'm considdering these:
  1. G.Skill Tridentz RBG 3200 or 3600 mhz
  2. Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 mhz
  3. Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 mhz (though I now get to understand that they are just overpriced and not worth the extra cost, as they aren't much better?)

Which would you recommend / what is your general feedback?

Solution
Essentially the greater the speed the better the performance if that's what you're after. There are a lot of choices on the market so in terms of brand - at least in my opinion - doesn't matter too much. I've used corsair for several years now and they have been quite good.

Out of those choices I would choose the Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 mhz - simply because i've used corsair for a while now and have found their RAM to be extremely reliable.

What kind of motherboard are you going to pair your 3900x with? You can go faster than 3600mhz if performance is what you're interested in.
May 19, 2020
Essentially the greater the speed the better the performance if that's what you're after. There are a lot of choices on the market so in terms of brand - at least in my opinion - doesn't matter too much. I've used corsair for several years now and they have been quite good.

Out of those choices I would choose the Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 mhz - simply because i've used corsair for a while now and have found their RAM to be extremely reliable.

What kind of motherboard are you going to pair your 3900x with? You can go faster than 3600mhz if performance is what you're interested in.

Solution
Jun 7, 2020

At the moment I'm going with the MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk motherboard.
Not 100% set on it, but it sounds good from what I've seen/heard in reviews.

May 19, 2020
MSI website says it "Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4600 MHz " so honestly just shop for whatever is best value for money - there is a performance difference between 3600 and higher clocks (3800mhz, 4000hmz etc.) - but it is quite a small.

Honestly all of the choices will perform very similarly - it wont make a massive difference what you choose. I would just buy something half decent - and spend any extra money on a better CPU coolers, more storage etc.