[SOLVED] Which ram is better for ryzen 5 2600 build?

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
Which is better for ryzen 5 2600 ??

This one ?

Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz 16GB KiT

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CX53TKZ/?tag=pcpapi-20&th=1

OR THIS ONE??
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB

https://www.amazon.com/G-Skill-Trid...L+TRIDENT&qid=1560699862&s=electronics&sr=1-2

NOTE: i went to the comments on the g skill tridentz post and someone asked if that ram is good for ryzen 7 xxxx , and the person who answer said that it was more optimized to intel cpu's.

Is that really true?

if there's any other ram that works well please tell it.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi
I have a friend that has the same mobo as i do asus rog strix x470 f gaming
He is running the 2700x and the trident z you listed and a rtx 2070 he is a flight simmer he is running p3dv4 for for his main flight software that has several addons plus running other programs for air and ground traffic along with realtime weather.
If his flight goes though places that have weather conditions going on it's happening on his system.
He is extremely happy with his system component choices.

He called me up when he was ready to boot as my upgrade was done 4 months before he built his.

From the 1 boot no issues set xmp and dram frequency 3200.
After installing win 10 pro and got all the updates we started testing.
Ran cinnabench got score...

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
You have some RAM "optimized" for Ryzen, it is kinda true but you actually won't see any difference. for my ryzen system i'm using 2x4gb 2666mhz hyperx fury (oc at 3200) they works great. The only thing that you want to check is the compatibility with your mobo. you can find the list on the mobo page (asus, msi,...). If you want a tip, for personal experience i can tell you that hyperix fury can go high in oc, vengeance lpx are also not bad. At the moment I dont remember specific ram "optimized" for ryzen.

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
You have some RAM "optimized" for Ryzen, it is kinda true but you actually won't see any difference. for my ryzen system i'm using 2x4gb 2666mhz hyperx fury (oc at 3200) they works great. The only thing that you want to check is the compatibility with your mobo. you can find the list on the mobo page (asus, msi,...). If you want a tip, for personal experience i can tell you that hyperix fury can go high in oc, vengeance lpx are also not bad. At the moment I dont remember specific ram "optimized" for ryzen.
So you think its good to oc? the ram wouldnt overheat??
does it make it its life expetancy to be lower?

Mastropomodoro

Commendable
BANNED
Jun 16, 2019
So you think its good to oc? the ram wouldnt overheat??
does it make it its life expetancy to be lower?
RAM normally are pretty cool, the heatsink is more than enough to keep them that way. I actually gamed for 1h now, I'm tuching the ram and are almost ambiend temperature... You also have to consider that some ram like the fury have life warranty. In the last 4y i'm using the same ram on all the pc that i built and in all of them i set a 400/600mhz oc. Another thing: RAM are not picky on voltage, ddr4 normaly is set by default at 1.2V, you can normally add a 300mhz without change that. But even if you set the voltage at 1.3V (my default setting for oc) is not a problem.

Hi
I have a friend that has the same mobo as i do asus rog strix x470 f gaming
He is running the 2700x and the trident z you listed and a rtx 2070 he is a flight simmer he is running p3dv4 for for his main flight software that has several addons plus running other programs for air and ground traffic along with realtime weather.
If his flight goes though places that have weather conditions going on it's happening on his system.
He is extremely happy with his system component choices.

He called me up when he was ready to boot as my upgrade was done 4 months before he built his.

From the 1 boot no issues set xmp and dram frequency 3200.
After installing win 10 pro and got all the updates we started testing.
Ran cinnabench got score for base line.
We kept rebooting changing dram frequency only. and retesting
It booted @3600 and ran cinnabench with No voltage increase.
He is a bit of a worrier so he set down to 3400 where it remains with a cinnabench score of 1850.
I keep trying to talk him into ryzen dram calculator and going back to the 3600 but he keeps telling me "that time spent is fly time dam it" lol.

So trident z 1st used for intels yes only because Intel was using ddr4 well before Amd But that doesn't say in anyway shape or form that it can't be used for ryzen especially when it's listed in the mobo qvl.

Ryzen likes b-dies and faster infinity fabric ram the 1's with the x designation say g.skill flare x 3200 cl14 that i have with my 2600x or the trident z gtzrx the x designation usually are b-dies.
Or cl15 /14 are b-dies. But that can vary the only real way is typhoon burner or call tech support ask which die the prospect ram is.
Cl16 the kit u listed and what is in my friends system are hynix.
I personally like the G.Skill.
His is certainly proving it can get great performance and at $110.00 that is a great buy. I think he paid $155-179.00
In Feburary
But check your mobo qvl before you buy your intended parts.
I know this was a little long but I hope it will help.
Best regards

Solution