Which ram is better?gskill vs corsair

Jan 9, 2019
Hi this is my first question I'm asking here.I am about to build a pc next month I'm confused which brand ram to buy,where I live gskill ripjaw v series 8gb ddr4 2400mhz cost same as corsair vengeance lpx 8gb ddr4 3000mhz.I'm not going to overclock them anytime soon.does that 600mhz ram speed make a huge difference.
My specs
Ryzen5 1600
Gigabyte b450m
Sapphire nitro+ rx 580 8gb
Corsair 550w psu
120gb ssd
500gb hhd
Thank you for all answers!!

Solution
With ryzen yes ram speed is important. It actually makes the processor faster. Get the 3000 mhz ram, you'll have to go into bios and enable xmp/docp to get them to work at 3000mhz but it'll be worth your time

I would pick the 2600 which isn't so picky about RAM.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ram brand vs brand doesn't really matter. What matters is the IC chips soldered onto the memory pcb. Hynix vs Micron vs Samsung.

For early gen Ryzen motherboards, memory with Samsung chips were more accepting above 2666. Hynix and Micron memory had a lot of problems but most of that has been addressed with bios updates and has further improved with 2nd gen boards (4xx series).

Its hard to say which IC chips are used where. Samsung IC chips are known to be used on 3000+ CL14 & 15 Gskills, Corsair and others. Higher the latency (CL 16, 17etc) more chance theyre using Hynix or Micron.

Jan 9, 2019

I'm from india and prices of both ram are the same

Jan 9, 2019

Sorry but I am on budget,I have already pushed alot!

The PSU has green or grey lettering? CX? VS? Grey CX is the preferred unit.

Is that a Seagate HDD? The WD Blue 1TB drive is usually pretty inexpensive.

Jan 9, 2019

But I have read some article which say corsair ram are not good for ryzen cpu is this true?

Jan 9, 2019

It's vs should I buy it whats differences betwwen vs and cx

Jan 9, 2019

It's vs should I buy it whats differences betwwen vs and cx

boju

Titan
Ambassador

My reply answered that.

It does not matter now. The problems were the Agesa code on early Ryzen motherboards. Bios updates have fixed that and you don't need to worry about this on a 2nd gen board.

Get the 3000MHz kit.

Jan 9, 2019

Thank you so much for your help