[SOLVED] Which RAM should I buy to go with my R7 2700x(Early Black Friday Sale Dilemma)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingOfSnub

Commendable
Oct 16, 2019
So I got an email about early black friday sales from newegg and seen that the G Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600 is on sale. I am no expert but im pretty sure the 2700x will not be able to OC to that 3600 or anything close to it. It even says in the description 'Compatible with AMD Ryzen 3000 Series CPUs '.
Now the issue is that the 3600 is only a few dollars more than the TridentZ DDR4 3200 with the sale which, at least according to this site, is a solid option. Should I just pull the trigger on the 3600 since its on sale for a future build or would that somehow mess with my build? I am relatively new to PC building so any insight would be greatly appreciated! This is my MOBO btw. Ooh, I primarily use my PC for hardcore gaming, casual streaming and general internet use(youtube, netflix, etc.)
Also I will be heading to sleep in the next 15 minutes so if I do not respond, I will when i wake up. :)

Solution
Either way will work fine with latest BIOS. DDR4-3200 model can run with XMP Profile alone, whereas DDR4-3600 model may require setting if system can not support XMP DDR4-3600 CL18
Status
Not open for further replies.