Silviastud

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
I currently believe my overclock is being held back by my memory so I'm wanting to buy something a little more solid over the 900mhz mark. So here are my options:

CORSAIR XMS2 DOMINATOR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (HK)

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000

CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066

I dunno what is up with my current memory but it wont stay stable at 490.6 any more. And I can get my processor stable at 3.6 but the memory just wont have it. So I'm looking to change things up a big. Just wondering would you guys recommend any of those above memory? I'm gonna stay at a 1:1 ratio and I'm thinking that the 1066 and 1000 might be over doing it. My other question is for the same price I could just pick up a e6600 which I could run at a lower FSB with the higher multiplier and keep my current memory stable. But the way I see it is that if I could get memory that would run with my e6300 at the 3.6ghz mark then I would be able to take advantage of the higher clock and the higher fsb. What do you all think?

My Current System

Edited: Sorry I was in a hurry last night when I typed this up. I tired to clear up a few things and make it a little easier to read.

Mondoman

Splendid
Your post is very confusing (partly due to a stream-of-consciousness writing style) and doesn't seem to ask any specific question. You also don't mention what CPU, MB, memory, etc model numbers you are currently using.