Question Which Raspberry Pi model do you suggest?

Jun 16, 2021
I am a high school student. My Windows PC is dead and my budget is too low. I will use 22" 1080p monitor. I will use computer for:
  • Watching 1080p videos on YouTube
  • LibreOffice stuff
  • Study to my lessons.
  • Zoom Lessons
Which model do you suggest?

Sep 14, 2021
Either the 4 gig model b or the pi 400 if you can dip that deep into budget, However cut down 1080p expectations as it is still a sbc unit. If you want best performance possible then if you can spare it get the 8 gig model as it'll be fast enough to support your needs and it'll be comparable to any other normal system.. Keep in mind however it will be limited in some aspects as it is still an ARM CPU and most builds have Linux installed so dont expect to be able to pop any exe file on and expect magic. Twister OS is a good option though because it already has Box86 and Wine installed to emulate SOME windows applications. All in all either the 4 or 8 gig should serve you fine (although I am using the 2 gig)

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
I am a high school student. My Windows PC is dead and my budget is too low. I will use 22" 1080p monitor. I will use computer for:
  • LibreOffice stuff
  • Study to my lessons.
  • Zoom Lessons

You'd want at least the 4gb model for the Pi 4 as that would be fine for things like 1080p YouTube video's but if you have the additional cash the Pi 400 or 8gb Pi 4 would be better of course.

Oct 18, 2021
  • LibreOffice stuff
  • Study to my lessons.
  • Zoom Lessons

• RPi4 with 8GB
  • USB SATA SSD drive -- don't use the SD card (like $30 with 128GB SSD SATA)
Don't expect you can have many tabs open. On a RPi4 with 2GB, youtube plays only on 320p resolution. In doubt, use phone or tablet for the youtube or zoom. YMMV.

kanewolf

Titan
  • RPi4 with 8GB
  • USB SATA SSD drive -- don't use the SD card (like $30 with 128GB SSD SATA)
Don't expect you can have many tabs open. On a RPi4 with 2GB, youtube plays only on 320p resolution. In doubt, use phone or tablet for the youtube or zoom. YMMV.
The 8GB is less flexible than the 4GB. You have to have the 64bit OS to take advantage of the extra RAM. Raspberry PI OS is just a 32 bit OS. Therefore you have to use Ubuntu.