"Which Religion Do You Follow" discussion page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_I_O_M

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I'm hoping this is permissible, so I'll try it anyway and see how it goes. Anywhozzle, I'm starting this as a thread where we can continue discussions from the "WRDYF" thread so as to respect the original posters wishes. Also, as a way to keep things somewhat organized, if discussions begin to take up pages and pages of space, try either starting a specific thread for that discussion or PM each other. So, hopefully works out and I don't get banned for this....

JAYDEEJOHN

Champion
It should be OK if people stick to what they believe/follow/worship, using full respect of others/
This should not preclude questioning others, as long as its respectful.
I would suggest that anyone commenting, who isnt willing to learn or challenge their current beliefs shouldnt comment

B_I_O_M

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

This thread is an extension of another because we (those who posted in the original) want to respect the wishes of the original poster. And if this thread becomes a flame-thread, then I will close it; no skin off my back. However, I highly doubt anything bad will happen because from what I've seen so far, people here are quite respectable and friendly.

@ahnilated: You are right, this is not a religious site. However, this thread is in a "Religion" section, which was put up by the creators of the forum. As long as we follow the rules, we have the ability to post topics pertaining to religion. If you have any complaints about it, talk to a mod.

Well then I will stop coming to this site. It has gone down hill ever since Tom sold it anyways. Remove my account and all my information from this site. I will no longer be part of it.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if it gets closed, but for your sake I hope you're right. I suppose being in the Religion section people who often visit here are used to this kind of debate. The topic is pretty tame so it might live on!

B_I_O_M

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

That's a sore way of dealing with this. If you're uncomfortable with it, then don't come to the "Religion" section. Besides, the MAJORITY of the forums are still computer based, all of which is completely religion-free (unless you're a googlist). I really hope you don't delete your account because of this, as that will be a sad thing, indeed. And I promise that I'm being serious.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
anilated, you know you could always just choose not to visit the Religion section. I personally welcome the Religion forum, but the minute Tom's starts publishing religious articles is the minute I too will leave. It's like criticizing a religious forum for having a Computer section lol.

B_I_O_M

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

I, too, will leave. I have enough religious and non-religious sites bookmarked on my computer to have another one. I came here to learn, and I fully intended to do so, but not about religion. This and the politics thread is an added bonus for me because I'm highly interested in both of those topics.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009

Thank you for doing this. I am kind of snowed under with school work right now, but as I am able I will post here. Here's to an intelegent discussion.

@anihilated I am also wondering why you are complaining about us talking about religion in the religion section :heink:

randomizer

Administrator
I remind everyone that the rules of the other parts of the forum apply here as well. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, and you may find yourself on a vacation on short notice if you start shooting fiery arrows around the place.

buwish

Judicious
There are other aspects to the forums, not just tech. These other aspects allow us members to become a bit of a closer knit community.

I'm Roman Catholic by birth, but really do not "keep up" with it anymore for various reasons.

B_I_O_M

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

Trust me, I'll be making sure of it as well. I ran a club during high school where any deliberate insults at another party, and not stereotypical jests about a religion, weren't tolerated at all. I would kick the person out. Also, I would like to remind people that any tiffs you all have in here can be carried outside of this thread and effect everyone else. If this happens, I wish you a swift kick in the nuts. I don't want this thread to be given a bad name because of some immature ramblings.

Anywhozzle...

I am an Hindu by birth. Atheist by choice. So i take interest in almost all religions.
Where did you first hear about atheism?

I'm Roman Catholic by birth, but really do not "keep up" with it anymore for various reasons.
Do you still classify yourself as one or is it more "I'm technically this.."?

I follow Buddhism some what. I'd say I'm personally agnostic and atheistic. I really don't know. I guess I'm religiously neutral. Imo, religion is something that is both good and evil, depending on use. I think personally, religion has caused more issues than it has solved.

B_I_O_M

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

Can you give an example of a problem that could have been caused by both religious and irreligious parties Lets take this out of current societal settings and focus on history, say...300 ago, when issues such as oil and nuclear weapons weren't even thought of. Can you honestly say that many of the events that transpired during this time would have either a) been as severe as they were or b) even have taken place at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY