Which resolution should i use.

dannyj172

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks to a fly i accidentally broke my old monitor and got a new and better one for about 80$. The Samsung s24c450b or bw not sure. Its 16:9 and when i go into the nvidia control panel i get the resolutions 1920x1080 60hz in the PC category but above that there is a Ultra HD,HD,SD category with again 1920x1080 but in 50hz. Will the 50hz version look better or something? Will it be worth using when watching lets say movies? I game a lot so i know the higher the refresh rate the better so ill be using the 60hz version most of the time but im interested in why that other option exists.

Solution
There should be a check box where all unsupported frequency's are hidden. This will be found in your display adapter's monitor settings tab. Generally your monitor will have 60Hz as the supported frequency. The specs on the BW version shows it to support both 50Hz and 60Hz.

Lutfij

Titan
There should be a check box where all unsupported frequency's are hidden. This will be found in your display adapter's monitor settings tab. Generally your monitor will have 60Hz as the supported frequency. The specs on the BW version shows it to support both 50Hz and 60Hz.

Solution

50 Hz and 25 Hz are standard in PAL (European) regions. In the US we follow the NTSC standards, which is 60 Hz, 30 Hz, and 24 Hz.