Which router do i use for 20 mbps download speed?

Heavy Pootis

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
Hey Guys,

I want 20 mbps download speed right now is 2 mbps. So which router do you suggest for me is the best for 20 mbps speed?

Solution
Any router with 1Gbps will do!
Having 2mbps download speed regardless of your 20mbps contract is not new.
all contracts comes with "up-to" certain speed, it does not offer guarantee that you will get that speed.

You must check first, which is the cause.
Was it the router, switch...or simply your provider is slow.

furthermore, you said you want 20mbps download speed....what kind of contract do you have? 2mbps?
if your contract is only 2mbps, I would say...continue dreaming!
Any router with 1Gbps will do!
Having 2mbps download speed regardless of your 20mbps contract is not new.
all contracts comes with "up-to" certain speed, it does not offer guarantee that you will get that speed.

You must check first, which is the cause.
Was it the router, switch...or simply your provider is slow.

furthermore, you said you want 20mbps download speed....what kind of contract do you have? 2mbps?
if your contract is only 2mbps, I would say...continue dreaming!

Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

MERGED QUESTION
Question from Heavy Pootis : "Which router do i use for 20 mbps download speed?"

1) First of all, the term "router" is often used incorrectly. Some have no modem, and some have a modem. Just be sure you're getting the correct device as a router by itself is just for connecting LOCAL devices.

And a "1Gbps" router is referring to the ability to connect via ETHERNET locally to other devices. If it has an internal MODEM that's a different specification.

2) 20MBps or 20Mbps?
One is MegaBytes and one is Megabits, though I'll assume you mean Megabits. Generally speaking any MODEM can handle that.

3) So as said, it's probably your ISP provider that is limiting you. You need to find out what the DOWNLOAD speed of your plan is. Actually, you probably mean MegBytes/second because i get 1.3MBps in Ontario, Canada with Bell.

You probably need a FIBER NETWORK to get 20MBps in which case they'd provide you with the proper hardware. Not many places even offer bandwidth that high.

http://beta.speedtest.net/

(the MS Store page has a free app for that too)

Again, I live in Ontario, Canada and my connection with the above is:

Download: 10.7Mbps (1.3MBps)

Upload: 0.8Mbps

When discussing bandwidth it's generally MB (MegaByte) or Mb (Megabit). There are eight bits in a byte.