[SOLVED] Which Router to buy for Fiber Optic Internet High speed connection?

axelrose

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have Fiber Optic connection with minimum up/down speeds of 300 Mbps, which Router should I buy?
What is the 'Standard' or 'Type'?
I only require some WiFi and at most 4 wired ethernet ports for wired computers for the 300 Mbps connection.

Or just a model number that would work?

I need something under $100 if possible

!!!!
EDITE: Please understand I am asking for a WIRED SPEED perspective. Since all routers are wireless, nearly all, it's almost impossible to ask about or search for one.
So I am asking about a Router to buy that can get me a GigaBit Down/Up speed WIRED over Fiber?

Last edited:
Solution
Fiber optic from whom?

I have Verizon FiOS (US), and the Verizon G1100 device is pretty good.

I just switched to FIOS and I can't say the same thing for that thing. My older ASUS router gets one signal bar stronger signal at all ranges. The FIOS 5ghz band drops out connections in the next room. ASUS router and the FIOS gateway are next to each other.

I've also had more short internet outages and wifi drops with FIOS in less than two weeks that I did with my old cable setup in months.
Fiber optic from whom?

I have Verizon FiOS (US), and the Verizon G1100 device is pretty good.

I just switched to FIOS and I can't say the same thing for that thing. My older ASUS router gets one signal bar stronger signal at all ranges. The FIOS 5ghz band drops out connections in the next room. ASUS router and the FIOS gateway are next to each other.

I've also had more short internet outages and wifi drops with FIOS in less than two weeks that I did with my old cable setup in months.

Solution