scippy4848

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
I play some video games and i have comcast home network. I'm using their junky modem. Wireless-G Cable Gateway by linksys and i'm directly connected to it with two adapters for other computers. I want to upgrade but i don't want to spend a butt load of money on a fancy 200 dollar gaming router. I just want something considerably faster than this, for both direction connection and wireless. I saw this router and wanted to know if it wasn't a bad one, since i don't know much. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127083&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL091908&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL091908-_-Switches-_-L1C-_-33127083. Also I need to buy wireless adapters and i don't want them costing a fortune. What wireless adapters should i buy. If not this router than what router should i get.

G

For an increase on 11G you might look at any N class routers but they're not yet an official standard (I think).

So your plan to upgrade wireless adapters at the same time (and I'd get the same brand as the router because of the standards issue) is sensible.

Of course you're unlikely to achieve the speed and reliability of simply using ethernet cable.