[SOLVED] which RTX 2080 to buy for water cooling or does it matter?

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015
Hello community,
Just as title says.
I want to buy RTX 2080 card but stuck in the usual dilemma like most of us out there...
The point is that I will be putting waterblock on the GPU so does it matter which brand/type i buy for water cooling my gpu?
Or should I just get the cheap one and should be still good in performance wise?

At least I really want to choose a brand that won't die on me after few months of use.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Solution
I very much like the EVGA cards and the company.
They have a good USA support forum and a good warranty.
They also have a 90 day trade up option in case you might want to upgrade to a RTX2080ti.

EVGA uses the better chips in their FTW series which are overclocked in the factory.
They have an option for a liquid cooled version.
If you have a good case, and case cooling, I don't think I would pay the extra compared to the equal performing air cooled FTW.
I think you get fair value for paying a bit more for the FTW cards.
You will also pay more for RGB bling if that is important to you.
You can get some idea of differences by looking at the boost clocks.

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015
What do you hope to gain with water cooling a RTX2080?
I think it would be better to put that liquid cooling budget towards a RTX2080ti in the first place.
Or, at least buy a well binned RTX2080 with a guaranteed factory overclock.
Would you recommend any RTX 2080 cards ? that is well binned?
I am thinking about buying EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra. Is this a good GPU ?

I very much like the EVGA cards and the company.
They have a good USA support forum and a good warranty.
They also have a 90 day trade up option in case you might want to upgrade to a RTX2080ti.

EVGA uses the better chips in their FTW series which are overclocked in the factory.
They have an option for a liquid cooled version.
If you have a good case, and case cooling, I don't think I would pay the extra compared to the equal performing air cooled FTW.
I think you get fair value for paying a bit more for the FTW cards.
You will also pay more for RGB bling if that is important to you.
You can get some idea of differences by looking at the boost clocks.

Solution
I'm running the evga xc gaming and so far it's a great card. My block will be here this afternoon, so still running on the stock cooler. Has yet to get above 70c, only reason I'm putting on water is to complete the look. The FTW is supposed to be better, but I don't think you can go wrong either way.

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015
Thanks for the advice guys! Much appreciated!
Decided to go with EVGA card. Will decide which model depending on price I guess. but they are compatible with full cover waterblock as well with ekwb.