[SOLVED] Which RTX 2080ti brand is the most reliable ... Please help!

nathancorp

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2014
Hello Folks,

Im about to pull the trigger on a very high end system costing me close to $7k, however I am extremely confused about which RTX 2080ti to buy. I have always been a fan of EVGA and founders edition GPUs but I’ve heard 2080Tis manufactured by those brands have a high defect rate. I’ve read a mixed bag of articles that suggest the early releases or batches were problematic but the later ones were ok. However Nvidia haven’t released any sales figures for the Founders Edition RTX 2080ti so its hard to tell.

I’m buying from a very reputed vendor and he says he has a non retail MSI Aero which is a blower style GPU and that is the most reliable, one available with a very low return rate however he did say it is very noisy so that is off putting. This one isn’t available retail and he has a great deal on this (he’s one of MSIs largest partners) but I really am not sure.

I can only rely on the great community here to help me out.

I only want to know which brand is the most reliable with regards to doa, malfunctions, overheating and life although DOA and other glitches would be ruled out since he’d be stress testing for me for 72 hours intensively before shipping out. I don’t want to know which one performs the best because I don’t believe there’s much of a difference (around 5% max) between any reputed brand.

So please help me with your recommendations for the MOST RELIABLE GPU brand for the RTX 2080Ti.

Thanks and I look forward to your response since I’m already late with the order.

Solution
Aero's are the entry level of GPU's with limited or low tier power delivery and componentry. I'd suggest a higher tier series when buying the RTX 2080Ti. EVGA have sorted out the issue you speak of. Apparently people forget to realize that early adopters will always face issues, either with drivers or with hardware or both.

Do you have a preferred site for purchase? Would PCPartPicker work for you? We'd need a location to help narrow down options.

Lutfij

Titan
Aero's are the entry level of GPU's with limited or low tier power delivery and componentry. I'd suggest a higher tier series when buying the RTX 2080Ti. EVGA have sorted out the issue you speak of. Apparently people forget to realize that early adopters will always face issues, either with drivers or with hardware or both.

Do you have a preferred site for purchase? Would PCPartPicker work for you? We'd need a location to help narrow down options.

Solution

nathancorp

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2014

Hello, thank you for the confirmation. Yes part picker would work nicely. I normally buy off Amazon due to prime card member discounts.

Could I go for the Founders edition? Or is that prone to malfunction?

Last edited:

Latest posts