[SOLVED] Which RTX2080Ti?

Gintama69

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
If you had to buy RTX2080Ti now, which model would you pick? and why?

Do you think it's worth spending extra $200 on MSI Lightning Z over MSI Gaming X(or Gigabyte Aorus or Asus Strix)?

Solution
Your PC specs are pretty good. I would avoid buying any second hand/used GPU. Period. Get a new Model. Only buy a used card if you are 100% sure about it's working condition, and warranty left.

Go for ASUS ROG STRIX series. They are of excellent build quality as well.
No. I don't think it's worth spending 200 USD more, just to get a slightly better GPU model. The expensive GPU will have higher clock speeds, and some advance cooling for the PCB as well, and slightly better BUILD quality.

But unless you really want the absolute best, there is no point in paying extra for the other GPU model. All the Models are mostly going to perform on the same level. Just few frames give or take, IMO.

What are the rest of your system specs ?

Gintama69

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Umm my spec is 9900K, Z390 Aorus, 32GB G.Skill 4133, Corsair HX1000 etc.

Firstly I'm looking for used RTX2080Ti instead of new, cos they are usually ~25%-30% cheaper and I'll also lose less money when I resell it.
I might go for new if I can find great deal(15-20% off) on right model tho.

Also I want decent model, at least mid-range model from good brand but pref high-end models, cos they should perform bit better, run much cooler/quieter, and should overclock better is well.
So ideally, MSI Gaming X or Asus Strix or Gigabyte Aorus etc at good price.

Then I saw used MSI Lightning Z for ~$200 USD more than used Gaming X/Strix/Aorus, which is still bit cheaper than the price of new Gaming X/Strix/Aorus.. so I thought it might be a good deal.

Anyway, which brand/model RTX2080Ti would you pick? new/used?

I think my first pick would be used MSI Gaming X atm, then probably Gigabyte Aorus or Asus Strix.

Your PC specs are pretty good. I would avoid buying any second hand/used GPU. Period. Get a new Model. Only buy a used card if you are 100% sure about it's working condition, and warranty left.

Go for ASUS ROG STRIX series. They are of excellent build quality as well.

Solution

Gintama69

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Well I usually buy new parts, but RTX2080Ti is soo expensive new(thanks NV).. in fact even used ones are too expensive.. ><
Anyway I use local hardware forum to buy used parts trusted members so it's pretty safe, most RTX2080Ti would come with 2-2.5+ years of warranty and receipt. Members are unlikely to sell faulty card especially since they can just claim it on warranty if it had any issue.

Asus Strix should be ok, but personally I prefer MSI Gaming X or Gigabyte Aorus cos they have larger heatisnk than Strix.

TRENDING THREADS