Jan 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am upgrading my current build, and do have a question regarding the case and PSU mounting.

The case I am building into is MasterCase H500M and the PSU is Dark Power Pro 12 1500W.
The question might appear silly but please bear with me since I am returning to desktop building after a great period of time.

The exact question is about which screws I should use when fixing the PSU to the case?
At this point I have three different ones, the original ones which came with the case, and two others which came with the PSU.

In the images 01 and 02 you can see the PSU installation process and original screws from the case.
We can see here that 4 screws are needed and this is the amount I am left with from the case screws for this type of screw (No. 6).

In the image 03 we can see the bracket with non removable screws, the original case crew (no 6) colored in orange, and the two screws which came with the PSU.
The blue one has the same head as orange on but larger body.
The larger screw is the same as the ones attached on the case bracket but those are non removable.

In the image 04 we can see that PSU has only 4 holes available.

In the image 05 we can see the bracket aligned on top of the PSU with the only available holes for screwing.

My question is, which screws exactly should I use to fix the PSU to this bracket, the ones which came with the case (the smallest) or other two which came with the PSU (but which out of these two exactly)?

Thank you in advance.

All the best,
JohnnyBoy

Images
http://bit.ly/01-h500m-psu-installation
http://bit.ly/03-screws-and-bracket
http://bit.ly/05-psu-and-bracket-on-top-of-each-other

Solution
the bracket should attach to the PSU with smaller screws,
it doesn't matter which as long as they fit easily\smoothly.

then the PSU slides into the case slot,
then the thumbscrews attach the bracket to the case.
Jan 29, 2021
the bracket should attach to the PSU with smaller screws,
it doesn't matter which as long as they fit easily\smoothly.

then the PSU slides into the case slot,
then the thumbscrews attach the bracket to the case.
Hello @JohnBonhamsGhost and thank you for such a promptly reply.

Are you sure, given the fact that this is pretty heavy PSU?
Why would the manufacturer supply their set of screws if they shouldn't be used?

Thank you.

Why would the manufacturer supply their set of screws if they shouldn't be used?
options.

many cases don't have removable brackets so a single set of thumbscrews would be all that was needed in that scenario.

other cases may come with screws using different threading than the PSU.
in this case you may not want to damage the threaded holes in the PSU,
so using it's included set would be a better option.

while other cases may come with no PSU screws at all.
this is pretty heavy PSU?
what is it that you're concerned about?
you think it may break the screws or something?

as long as they fit tight there is no problem.
so whichever sets screw in easy and stay tight are perfectly fine.

Jan 29, 2021
options.

many cases don't have removable brackets so a single set of thumbscrews would be all that was needed in that scenario.

other cases may come with screws using different threading than the PSU.
in this case you may not want to damage the threaded holes in the PSU,
so using it's included set would be a better option.

while other cases may come with no PSU screws at all.
what is it that you're concerned about?
you think it may break the screws or something?

as long as they fit tight there is no problem.
so whichever sets screw in easy and stay tight are perfectly fine.

My concern was that since the screws which came with the PSU are more massive, they should be used instead the ones provided with the case.

In general I just wasn't sure which set of screws should be used exactly, given the fact that I have three different options at my disposal.

If I understood correctly the thumbscrews which came with the PSU can be disregarded since we already have the ones from the case mounted on the bracket which cannot be removed.
And for the other two which are left I can use any of the two, correct?

Thnx.