[SOLVED] Which set of RAM should I install?

Dec 12, 2020
I picked up a new Z390 motherboard and I9-9900K cpu. Being this time of year and all, can't blow any on a new set of RAM. I have two sets of memory currently that I can use.

1. 64GB of 2133MHz
  2. 32GB of 2666MHz

I know there isn't a big difference in speed, but even though the 64GB is double the RAM, this system will be strictly for gaming. My assumption is to go with the faster set of 32GB, even though the speed increase isn't a whole lot?

Thanks!

Solution
I picked up a new Z390 motherboard and I9-9900K cpu. Being this time of year and all, can't blow any on a new set of RAM. I have two sets of memory currently that I can use.

1. 64GB of 2133MHz
  2. 32GB of 2666MHz
I know there isn't a big difference in speed, but even though the 64GB is double the RAM, this system will be strictly for gaming. My assumption is to go with the faster set of 32GB, even though the speed increase isn't a whole lot?

Thanks!
For pure gaming even 16GB is enough but for some titles memory speed could make quite a difference.

1. 64GB of 2133MHz
  2. 32GB of 2666MHz

Thanks!
For pure gaming even 16GB is enough but for some titles memory speed could make quite a difference.

Solution