[SOLVED] Which should i upgrade my 1060 6g or my cpu I5 4440?

moahed200

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015
I want to play in 1080p , so Im looking forward to reach 60 fps on single games such metro ,Sekrio, far cry dawn. Which one will give me real difference?
My currently rig is:
Gpu : 1060 MSI Gaming x
Cpu :I5 4440
M.B.: h81
Ram : 8g ddr3 1330
P.S.U: 500 antec
Monitor : old samsung 1333x768 2011.

Solution
A 1060 can probably deliver over 100fps in all those games at that resolution. However your 4440 may struggle to hold a minimum of 60fps, it’s quite a weak quad core by modern standards.

Now you could upgrade to a i7 4790 but these tend to be expensive and you might as well upgrade to a modern platform bringing better gains. However a modern platform will require a new motherboard and RAM.

If you stay with your current platform you may want to upgrade to 16gb RAM. 8gb is ok but you may get a little stuttering.
A 1060 can probably deliver over 100fps in all those games at that resolution. However your 4440 may struggle to hold a minimum of 60fps, it’s quite a weak quad core by modern standards.

Now you could upgrade to a i7 4790 but these tend to be expensive and you might as well upgrade to a modern platform bringing better gains. However a modern platform will require a new motherboard and RAM.

If you stay with your current platform you may want to upgrade to 16gb RAM. 8gb is ok but you may get a little stuttering.

Reactions: moahed200
Solution

moahed200

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015

Thank you for your reply, all i want is 1080p 60 fps Im not greedy , if i find i7 4790 is it worth it to install one without moving to 8th gen and new mobo and ram.

WildCard999

Titan
Does the monitor make a difference on fps?
Not really for FPS but if you were to get one that supports Nvidia Gsync or AMD Freesync (with newer drivers) then you could utilize that tech which helps with stuttering/FPS drops as long as it occurs within the sync range. Depending on the games you play would also have a impact on which monitor to get. For fast paced games such as racing titles or FPS you may want to look at a TN or VA/144hz monitor but for less competitive games or MMO's then I'd get a VA or IPS/75hz monitor. Or if your games support it, 21:9 ultra wide!

Reactions: moahed200

moahed200

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015
Not really for FPS but if you were to get one that supports Nvidia Gsync or AMD Freesync (with newer drivers) then you could utilize that tech which helps with stuttering/FPS drops as long as it occurs within the sync range. Depending on the games you play would also have a impact on which monitor to get. For fast paced games such as racing titles or FPS you may want to look at a TN or VA/144hz monitor but for less competitive games or MMO's then I'd get a VA or IPS/75hz monitor. Or if your games support it, 21:9 ultra wide!
Thank you , this is a great information for me. my next upgrade will be the monitor.

TRENDING THREADS