Which side of the switch means 115V when there is no slider?

yeahmansupercool

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Yeah.

C13-2800-v01-mc.jpg

Solution
When you turn off a PSU or unplug it, you are losing power to the motherboard completely.

When you turn off your computer by telling it to shut down, you still have power to the computer in the form of 5VSB, short for 5 volt standby. This keeps a little power for your board to hang on to settings.

If your board loses settings when it loses power, it may be a sign of a bad battery.

Elwenil

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
According to the manual on the Corsair site, there is no voltage switch. This is listed with the features:

"• Universal AC input from 90~264V. No more hassle of flipping that tiny red
switch to select the voltage input!"

Elwenil

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
If you mean the one switch shown in the pic above beside the input socket, that is the power on/off switch to turn off the PSU if you need to work on the computer or disconnect the power for some other reason.

yeahmansupercool

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012

Ah. I was wondering. I thought it was somehow the switch for 115V and 230V. Because for some reason whenever I switch it off after powering down my computer and unplugging, when I plug everything back in I get a Main BIOS Checksum Error and it then has to rewrite the BIOS. Now I'm confused as to why it gives that error when it's only a on/off switch.

When you turn off a PSU or unplug it, you are losing power to the motherboard completely.

When you turn off your computer by telling it to shut down, you still have power to the computer in the form of 5VSB, short for 5 volt standby. This keeps a little power for your board to hang on to settings.

If your board loses settings when it loses power, it may be a sign of a bad battery.

Solution