Which soundcard to Choose

G

I am going to build a new machine and my question is what soundcard to pick. I want to use it with an AMD processor, haven't decided about the mother board yet, any suggestion on motherboard...

I also want to connect my Minidisc to the soundcard optically, and also to be able to connect a surround sytem to it to watch DVD. What about Hercules Game theater XP?

thank you for your help

Secretninja

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
Get it. the cards fantastic. not sure what bord. itdepends on what you need and how much you want to spend. look through toms and you might find somthing.

dwwnole1

Distinguished
May 23, 2001
I've heard great things about that one too. I have the Phillips Acoustic Edge, and absolutely love it. But your choice is good too.

G

I've just read and got some suggestions about Videologic sonic vortex, or is that an older card?

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know how old the card is but the vortex 2 chipset is older, but it is one of the best ever!! win 2000 drivers on these cards are iffy and they don't offer any EAX support. I have an mx300- which also has that chipset and I traded it for the game theater XP. I did so though with a heavy heart. Personally though I'd go for a non- soundblaster card that offers eax support and a3d.

My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus.