Which SSDs are the best?

a cooperator

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012
Hi,

Since I was told that Samsung SSD 850 Pro, and Evo are the best ones, I have told a friend of mine residing in another country other than mine to purchase this SSD below:
Samsung SSD MZ-7KE256BW 850 Pro-Series 256GB 2.5inch SATAIII Internal Center

However, he told me that he only found this one whose screen shot is below, and he sent me that image.

1ePCtJ.jpg

So, my questions are:
1- I don't know if this one whose screen shot is above is OK or not since I don't see any SSD 850 Pro or SSD 850 Evo on it

2- I don't know how to find the model whose screen shot is posted above at eBay.com or any other online seller websites.

3- the price of that SSD whose screen shot is above is '500.00 SAR = 133.30 USD'. Do you think it is a reasonable price.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
That is a Samsung laptop specific oem drive. It appears to based on the 840 evo, but of course no 840 evo would have listed 256 gb of space. Nothing wrong with 840 evo, but I wouldn't buy that drive now.
If it were brand new, and not something that was pulled out of a laptop, and I needed a speedy ssd boot drive, I might pay $100 for it.
Anyone know if Magician will work with this drive?

a cooperator

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012

Thanks a lot,
I have been looking for Samsung SSD 850 Pro-Series 256GB 2.5inch SATAIII Internal Center., and I found that at eBay.com

However, in my country (Yemen) is completely risk in Yemeni customs right now if I purchase from eBay.com.

However, as said,

1- that SSD doesn't have any '850 Pro' written on its image(have you seen my screen shot well?)

2- You don't tell me how to find that SSD listed in that screen shot at eBay.com or another online seller website to read all its specs.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
In the picture, you can see the P/N, below that you can see the model number: MZ-7TE2560. Like Kewlx25, I did a web search of the model number and found several links, including ebay and amazon. Kewlx25's info is different and perhaps more useful.
While I agree with the other's that Samsung 850 series are the best going for sata 3/6.0gbps, there are lots of other good drives, in particular OCZ makes good drives.

a cooperator

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012

Thank you so much,
So you think that SSD is Samsung PM851 Solid State Drive .

I need Samsung SSD 850 Pro or 840 Evo since I was told those are the best ones.

Do you think that Samsung PM851 Solid State Drive is OK, and there is no striking difference between it and Samsung SSD 850 Pro.

a cooperator

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2012

Mr/Ms., could you please try to answer me?
In my Yemeni market', there is no thing at all other than war, and corruption, and stealing in the Yemeni customs. So, if I have purchased from eBay, then I put my money in highly risk.

I have told another friend of mine residing in another country, 'Saudi Arabia' closer to me, to look for me Samsung SSD 850 Pro, or 840 Evo . So, he sent me that image.

I have tried downloading that PDF file, and read it well. However, I don't find any screen shot/image like the one I have posted before.
So you think that the SSD whose screen shot above is Samsung PM851 Solid State Drive .

If so, I need Samsung SSD 850 Pro or 850 Evo since I was told those are the best ones.

Besides, do you think that Samsung PM851 Solid State Drive whose screen shot above is OK with a price of $133? Do you think there is no striking difference between it and Samsung SSD 850 Pro.