[SOLVED] Which system is better? HELP

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
Hi guys
I’ve been looking at purchasing a nice gaming computer to use in my spare time as I’m a full time university student as well. Obviously a gaming computer would mean I have to use it for my work too, which is mostly just using word processing software and occasionally video editing/photo editing. I’ve always been told that just because it’s more expensive doesn’t mean it’s better, and I’ve been sent a few options in regards to a computer to purchase. My budget is about $2,500 for it which is more than enough for what I need I think. Most games I play aren’t that demanding, I would want to use it to play the sims 4 on high settings with most DLC packs, as well as other games like Planet Coaster, Cities Skylines etc. I will probably be purchasing higher performing games once I have a computer so that is something to keep in mind. I am inexperienced with computer parts and computers in general so I am not looking to build nor do I want to. Which out of these links is the better option to go for in terms of performance, power, parts etc etc. I’m wanting to stick with PC CASE GEAR as it’s a trusted Australian site and I have had experience with them before. If anyone could even build something for me on pc case gear and send it I would appreciate that as well? At the moment I’m thinking the second link is probably the best, would you agree with me?

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/49093/pccg-arcane-2070-super-gaming-system

https://www.pccasegear.com/bundle/5...634,53138,53160,34259,53734,37250,34279,34281

https://www.pccasegear.com/bundle/432

Solution
#3 just flat out loses to the other 2, so, OUT THE WINDOW!

But the other 2 have their share of flaws as well; some of them are pretty dumb too.

So I'll post this: https://www.pccasegear.com/bundle/501/pccg-amd-airflow-gaming-system
[Dang, it looks like I can't save my selections, so just make the changes I post below:]
Cpu: Change to 3600X
Cpu Cooler: Change to be quiet! Pure Rock
Motherboard: Change to B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Gpu: Change to Msi 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Memory: Leave as is
M.2: Change to the 512GB version of the default selection
HDD: Leave as is
Power Supply: Change to Phanteks PH-P650GS 650W Gold
Case: Change to P400A
Add Case Fans: Change to 3x be quiet! Pure Wings 2[Sucks that there isn't a...
they will both perform the same more or less for gaming. the one with the 3700x will be better for video editing/rendering due to having more cores. they're charging an arm and a leg but if you aren't into building it yourself (to save money)and it's just for gaming get the one with the 3700x

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

But the other 2 have their share of flaws as well; some of them are pretty dumb too.

So I'll post this: https://www.pccasegear.com/bundle/501/pccg-amd-airflow-gaming-system
[Dang, it looks like I can't save my selections, so just make the changes I post below:]
Add Case Fans: Change to 3x be quiet! Pure Wings 2[Sucks that there isn't a 2-pack, because the 3rd isn't needed(just treat it as a spare). The case is preinstalled with 3 at the front. It just needs a rear and a top fan.]
Done.

Solution

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019

Add Case Fans: Change to 3x be quiet! Pure Wings 2[Sucks that there isn't a 2-pack, because the 3rd isn't needed(just treat it as a spare). The case is preinstalled with 3 at the front. It just needs a rear and a top fan.]
Done.
Awesome! Thanks for this. So you recommend I go for a cheaper option and upgrade the options so I can maximise the performance and speed? These specs will allow me to do my uni work as well as play the sims on highest settings as well as other high performing games once purchased (depending on game)?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Awesome! Thanks for this. So you recommend I go for a cheaper option and upgrade the options so I can maximise the performance and speed? These specs will allow me to do my uni work as well as play the sims on highest settings as well as other high performing games once purchased (depending on game)?
That's not exactly why I picked a cheaper customizeable option.
1)While those builds are listed as 'customizeable', there are still restrictions here and there; case, cpu, and even gpu choice was restricted on some of them.
2)The option for cases was very restrictive. From my POV, the choices were between:
-the AMD Helios system
-the AMD Airflow
-the AMD Fractal
Those other cases are pretty much form over function, which is the enemy of high end gpus. There were a couple of exceptions, but they were over your budget.

For someone doing schoolwork/projects with some gaming on the side, the 3700X is too expensive for what it offers. That one's better suited for people who game + stream/record + edit their videos.
3600 & 3600X are a better investment in your case.

These specs will allow me to do my uni work as well as play the sims on highest settings as well as other high performing games once purchased (depending on game)?
Sims is mostly cpu-bound anyways, so the gpu isn't going to see much action in that title.