[SOLVED] Which to buy Fractal Design Meshify C OR Phanteks Eclipse 350X ATX?

rayanik

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi,
Looking for a case with good airflow and ability to put in full size Graphics card. Easy cable management. Thinking of Fractal Design Meshify C or Phanteks Eclipse 350X ATX.
Will be using an ASUS Tuf X570 motherboard.
How many fans should I put in either of them?
Your suggestions please.
Thanks.

Solution
There are really no top shelf fans WITH RGB that are also quiet. Generally speaking there are RGB fans and then there are high quality fans with either good performance characteristics, low noise levels or some combination of both. There are really only two fan models that are fairly decent AND have RGB, but neither of them is particularly quiet compared to something like a Noctua or Thermalright fan. Neither of which has any fans with RGB. It's practically impossible to find a highly engineered fan with RGB, because it's much like taking a highly tuned Nascar front runner and putting spinners on it. Plus, the very best fans have the very best motors, and it's hard to stuff both the electronics for the RGB AND a quiet but powerful motor...
What hardware are you planning to put in this? CPU, graphics card, etc?

The Meshify C has much better airflow potential, so if you are running an upper tiered CPU or graphics card and will be running them even moderately hard, that might be a big swing towards that case. Fractal design makes very good cases, but then so does Phanteks. I think in this case the Meshify C is the better case though.

How many fans probably depends largely on the hardware to be used. Are you wanting high end, high performance, very quiet fans, or just halfway decent fans with some form of RGB, or just standard fans that are of decent quality and fairly quiet but not too expensive?

rayanik

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi, the case will house a Ryzen 7 3700x processor with a Sapphire Radeon RX580 8G Pulse graphic card for now. Corsair 750W 80+gold certified. I would prefer very quiet fans with some form of basic RGB.

There are really no top shelf fans WITH RGB that are also quiet. Generally speaking there are RGB fans and then there are high quality fans with either good performance characteristics, low noise levels or some combination of both. There are really only two fan models that are fairly decent AND have RGB, but neither of them is particularly quiet compared to something like a Noctua or Thermalright fan. Neither of which has any fans with RGB. It's practically impossible to find a highly engineered fan with RGB, because it's much like taking a highly tuned Nascar front runner and putting spinners on it. Plus, the very best fans have the very best motors, and it's hard to stuff both the electronics for the RGB AND a quiet but powerful motor in the cage frame. There simply isn't enough room to do both so smaller, less capable fans are generally used in those applications.

These however, are a somewhat happy medium.

These are decent quality, with RGB, and have fairly low noise level (On paper at least. They are not AS quiet as their specs would indicate but still very much tolerable compared to most other fans) however they do not have great static pressure ratings so they might struggle more as intake fans or when used on a heatsink or radiator.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...-&-LED-Fans/ml-pro-rgb-config/p/CO-9050077-WW

These are significantly louder at full speed, however they have RGB and are decent quality, and have very good static pressure ratings, at least on paper. I have not seen any review that addresses the question of static pressure testing yet although I am keeping my eye open. It is unfortunate that Silent PC crew no longer actively reviews cooling system products to test noise and static pressure specifications like they used to do.

As far as the case goes, I'd stick to the Meshify. That RX 580 is not a highly efficient design, and as such it runs hotter than a comparable Nvidia card. Having good airflow should be a high priority, and even more so if you plan to overclock it at all.

As to the fan configuration, I'd go with three front intake fans, one rear exhaust fan and one top-rear exhaust fan.

Reactions: oldcracc
Solution

TRENDING THREADS