Question Which triple fan?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
All huge coolers. The EVGA is even a triple slot card. The others go well beyond a dual slot.

I would lean towards the EVGA myself, since I like the iCX technology. But I would guess the ASUS Strix might be the fastest out of the box, and maybe the quieter one. Overclocking will make performance differences unimportant though. Not sure I know enough about the MSI to make a judgement.

Reactions: AllanGH
Most reports of "cards" catching fire were actually power supply harnesses where "Y" adapter cables were used to supply current to the card. I wouldn't put too much credence in such claims.

I will put another check in the column for EVGA: Stellar cards and stellar after sales service--if you ever actually need it.

Most reports of "cards" catching fire were actually power supply harnesses where "Y" adapter cables were used to supply current to the card. I wouldn't put too much credence in such claims.

I will put another check in the column for EVGA: Stellar cards and stellar after sales service--if you ever actually need it.
Will a fractal design + 3 Corsair SP120 fans keep the system cool? and so are the catching fire things false then?

Everything I've seen says that it was wiring and not the card itself; and most of those reports traced back to the use of "Y" adapter cables or something other than the correct cables from the PSU to the card.

Because of that, I have arrived at the conclusion that there is nothing to worry about with the EVGA cards.

Lacking direct experience with the case and fans you mentioned, I can't answer your question about that specific cooling design, and will leave that to another person to address.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The step up program allows you to return GPUs for new ones for only the cost difference, essentially.

So if you buy a 2080 now and decide you want a 2080Ti a few months later (I believe it is 6 months) you can do so only paying a few hundred dollars. Rather than having to sell the old card yourself and buy the new card at full price.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Early 2080Ti did have a failure problem, not related to catching on fire, but simply a dead/bad GPU after a short time. I don't think that ever applied to the 2080. They were quickly swapped out by the vendors and whatever the general issue was solved for subsequent manufacturing. The problem disappeared overnight it seems.

I agree on the boost clocks, Just going with some experience with ASUS cards in the past, their overdone coolers were very quiet indeed so with lower temperatures it may boost a little higher than the EVGA, but that would be down to the specific GPU you end up with.

You might also be remembering when EVGA had some VRM overheating problems on the backs of some of their cards. They sent out a vBIOS update and thermal pad kits to all those effected. This was with the reference and FTW GTX1080 and GTX1080Ti as I recall. (I don't think the classified cards were ever implicated)
I have one of those cards, but I was taking it apart to water cool anyway, and added thermal pads while I was at it.