Question Which triple monitor setup?

jason41987

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
i am going to get a triple monitor mount, and add some extra monitors for more productivity.. i do live streaming, game development, some engineering projects, etc, and having additional screens to spread out my work will be great.. but which setup to use...

my first idea was a 27" 1440P 144hz monitor, with two 15.6" 1360x720 monitors mounted sideways, so the overall height and resolution would be pretty close to the 1440s.. and that'll have things like discord, monitoring a stream, chat, while gaming on the center

second option is to incorporate the side monitors into gaming as well by using three 24" 1080P 144hz monitors with thin bezels mounted as one continuous 3-wide monitor.. that would let me use the two side monitors for gaming as well as productivity

and the last option, same as above, just turn the 24" 1080P screen into a 29" 2560x1080 ultrawide, most i find are of lower refresh rate though

games i usually play are either FPS or racing, and my GPU is an RX590

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
If it was up to me, my choice would be for the 2nd option. Having three monitors of the same size and resolution makes for a more flexible and uniform setup, meaning you can have the three positioned for a long continuous image, and then you can rotate the ones on the sides whenever you'd like for productivity. You can also rotate all three sideways for a taller continuous image, which I've seen with some gaming setups before.

The other two setups will also work if your preference would be for one of them, with #3 being the closest in flexibility to #2. Option #1 would be the most compact overall, but the options for decent 15.6" monitors is limited, with most of them being portable screens that connect through USB 3.0.