[SOLVED] Which type of SSD is faster to read?

Pcgolfer07

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Hi, I'm not sure how SSD's work. Will a 120gb SSD be faster to open than a 1 TB SSD? Would it be wise instlaling windows 10 on a 1TB SSD or a 120GB SSD?

Solution
No, quite the opposite and it will vary from maker to maker but the general thumb rule for an SSD is that a larger capacity drive(which has at least 50 of free space and isn't partitioned) has better read write speeds than a lower capacity SSD with the same stipulations(of free space and one partition).

What SSD(s) are you looking at? What are the specs to your current system?

Lutfij

Titan
No, quite the opposite and it will vary from maker to maker but the general thumb rule for an SSD is that a larger capacity drive(which has at least 50 of free space and isn't partitioned) has better read write speeds than a lower capacity SSD with the same stipulations(of free space and one partition).

Solution

Pcgolfer07

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Thanks for your answer

Thanks! I'm looking to get a 2TB SSD to upgrade from my 120 GB SSD. Other than that i have i74790k CPU , 8GB ram and ITB HDD seperate for my other installs. GTX 1050 Ti