Question Which type of widescreen to pair with 5700XT?

eb123

Reputable
May 3, 2015
As the title of this thread indicates, I'm looking to find the right widescreen monitor to pair with a 5700 XT I have planned to get for my future build. The reason for going widescreen is for productivity, gaming, and overall look of the setup.

I recently purchased a 34 inch LG widescreen panel. The specs are 2560x1080p and 144Hz and the exact model is 34GL750, however I've had my doubts about this monitor and wanted to ask if any of you have experience with higher definition widescreen models and their effect on your GPUs. Considering the 5700 XTs remarkable performance with maxed out 1440p settings in games would you recommend a widescreen 1440p to be paired with that particular GPU and do you consider a 2560x1080p monitor a bottleneck for this GPU?

Also the monitor was purchased as a deal for $500 CAD (down from $699) before tax on Amazon. Do you think this was a good deal or should I return it and wait for a higher res model to go down in price on black Friday?

Any form of assistance would help, as choosing a monitor has been the most difficult part of this future build.

Oct 14, 2019
Interesting topic. I've upgrade my set as well, and I too have that gpu (nitro+). The monitor i ended up getting was the LG 32GK850F. Got all i need in a monitor, pretty much. I am no hardcore gamer, so it fulfills my needs great as i do a lot of video editing, rendering, heavy streaming, browsing and multi-tasking. Only casual gaming for me.

Good luck finding your monitor.

eb123

Reputable
May 3, 2015
I wouldn't call it a bottleneck, rather the ability to run higher detail levels on said previous resolutions. Going for higher resolution would mean you're going to have to drop down on detail levels for demanding games.
The games I currently play and will likely continue to do so with the new build are BeamNG drive, Forza Horizon 4, GTA V and Dirt Rally. 5700XT benchmarks indicate that the GPU generates 113FPS on average while playing this game at 1440p and a minimum of 70 FPS at 4k which is what got me thinking that a 2560x1080 panel might be a bit of a bottleneck/not allow the GPU to reach its full potential but I also get what you mean about running higher detail settings and I somewhat agree with you on that as well.

Also random question but do you think there would be a huge difference between a 100Hz and a 144Hz panel?

Thanks for your response to my earlier post.

eb123

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Interesting topic. I've upgrade my set as well, and I too have that gpu (nitro+). The monitor i ended up getting was the LG 32GK850F. Got all i need in a monitor, pretty much. I am no hardcore gamer, so it fulfills my needs great as i do a lot of video editing, rendering, heavy streaming, browsing and multi-tasking. Only casual gaming for me.

Good luck finding your monitor.

I think we're on the same page here. I too am not a hardcore gamer however, I do like the games that I play to look good and on top of that to have the hardware to produce content for my youtube channel while using those games.

How is that monitor when it comes to video editing as one of the main reasons for going for an ultrawide panel is productivity in regards to video editing?

Is the GPU able to play your games at max settings and which games do you play if you don't mind me asking?

What CPU do you have and how does it perform when it comes to rendering videos?

TRENDING THREADS