Question Which upgrade from Ryzen 5 2600x + RX 580 8GB Dual?

Solution
Looking for help on a sensible upgrade to keep up with 1080p 144hz 60+fps gaming (my graphics card is also starting to become faulty)

My current build: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/meixnerr/saved/WHrC8d

Budget is around 500€

Thank you for your answers :)
seems like the only budget option is a Ryzen 5 5500 + a cheap/used RX 6600 or 6600 XT.

If you do so, before plugging both cpu and new gpu in, do this step by step in order (read till end) to avoid any performance drops:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours since it's 12 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep...
Looking for help on a sensible upgrade to keep up with 1080p 144hz 60+fps gaming (my graphics card is also starting to become faulty)

My current build: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/meixnerr/saved/WHrC8d

Budget is around 500€

Thank you for your answers :)
seems like the only budget option is a Ryzen 5 5500 + a cheap/used RX 6600 or 6600 XT.

If you do so, before plugging both cpu and new gpu in, do this step by step in order (read till end) to avoid any performance drops:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours since it's 12 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• Reboot to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (ver 7B85v2B1 with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, and shut down the pc by powering it off while in bios.

• Replace the CPU and GPU. Then try to boot up to bios.

• Then load default or optimized settings, enable fastest xmp profile, save and exit.

Optional: disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled). If gpu supports, why not XD

• if successful, boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.06.xx), then reboot.

• Install the latest gpu driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, put ram on slot A2 and B2 (slot 2 and 4), also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

Solution