which upgrade should i do

insertURL

Reputable
Aug 13, 2014
i am thinking of upgrading my recent build with an R9 270x and i was wondering which upgrade should i to. A) get crossfire with either the same card or the HD 7870 and forget about it (plus getting a new PSU) B) save up for a 780 or the r9 290x and not have to get a new PSU or C) compromise and install water cooling pre built or a custom water loop

Solution

The Titan really was meant for 3-D rendering, and the 880 looks like it will beat that in performance anyway. Go for a new PSU for now, the corsair AX860i tested as one of the top performers currentely...
Well, the watercooling will not actually give you a performance increase like the other options will. I would cross that off.

With your Corsair CX600, I would recommend the option that gets you a new PSU as the Cx units are NOT very good quality and I would want to get it replaced.

insertURL

Reputable
Aug 13, 2014

I did look into the RM series PSU and was looking at around 100w so then if i do get a high end GPU i can try to crossfire or SLI it with another over time...... SLI titan configuration anybody? (jk i cant magically pull 3000$ out of my arse)

Xibyth

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014

The Titan really was meant for 3-D rendering, and the 880 looks like it will beat that in performance anyway. Go for a new PSU for now, the corsair AX860i tested as one of the top performers currentely on the market. As for SLI I reccommend a single powerful GPU. Wait for the 800 series,

Solution