Question Which upgrades can i make to my pc ?

Jul 4, 2022
im looking for a way to upgrade my pc a bit more while staying (relatively) low budget
my specs are:
STI 005492
Intel core2 duo e7500
4gb ram
500gb HDD
Gt730 2gb ddr3
aside from buying an SSD (which im planning to do already) is there anything more that can be upgraded or has the pc hit the max "cap" of the motherboard?

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
The only thing that pc needs to be hittin is da garbaggio.... or at most an old folks home, but why would you wish that terrible pain on any senior citizen who probably already has moar aches & pains than they can cope with ?

I'm going to have to agree with the others - best bet is to start over with a newer CPU/Motherboard. Any money spent upgrading that MB is wasted. But, if you absolutely can't move to something more modern at least put a 8 GB memory kit in it (I think that is the max for that board) .

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
im looking for a way to upgrade my pc a bit more while staying (relatively) low budget
my specs are:
STI 005492
Intel core2 duo e7500
4gb ram
500gb HDD
Gt730 2gb ddr3
aside from buying an SSD (which im planning to do already) is there anything more that can be upgraded or has the pc hit the max "cap" of the motherboard?

Honestly, not really. You have an entry-level GPU from eight years ago and a decent budget CPU released nearly 14 years ago. There was a timeframe when small, incremental upgrades made some sense, but that was a very long time ago. With a pre-built motherboard, there's not even a guarantee dropping a similar quad-core in would be functional. I'm inclined to think that past the SSD, any money you put into this PC is wasted.

Reactions: Why_Me and cAllen
my specs are:
STI 005492
Intel core2 duo e7500
4gb ram
500gb HDD
Gt730 2gb ddr3
Check if you have sata ports on the mobo.

If it's all ide then adding a ssd is not a straight swap.

Jul 4, 2022
thanks for the answers everyone, would it be more benefitial for me to buy a slightly more modern pre built pc and just take my gpu from the old setup and use it in the new one? or would it be better to just buy a mobo and start all over piece by piece?, and also my setup rn is a really low budget one but it can still run most games i wanna play (like sonic generations, lost world , minecraft, roblox , and even multiversus)

Jul 4, 2022
thanks for the answers everyone, would it be more benefitial for me to buy a slightly more modern pre built pc and just take my gpu from the old setup and use it in the new one? or would it be better to just buy a mobo and start all over piece by piece?, and also my setup rn is a really low budget one but it can still run most games i wanna play (like sonic generations, lost world , minecraft, roblox , and even multiversus)
also most pcs and pc parts are really expensive in my country so having anything that fits my budget would be nice

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
Well, if you were in the US, I could sell you a mini Dell i7-7700 rig w/16GB ram, 500GB m.2, and 2TB SATA HDD, and an integrated gpu that would give you a really big performance boost for around $250 shipped, but sending it out of the country would probably add $100 to that, so that's likely well out of your price range :(

TRENDING THREADS