shabac

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
I have recently built a new PC rig, and for some reason, shortly after playing FPS primarily games, the UPS I have everything plugged into continues to alarm and shuts down the application/game I'm running. Here are the specs of the PC and what is currently plugged into the UPC:

I7-9700k CPU
NVIDIA GTX 2080ti
Corsair 1050 HX PSU
16gb Corsair 16-15-15-16 DDR 4 3200 (x2 sticks for total of 32 gb)
1gb m.2 SSD
2 TB SSD
1 TB SSD
500 TB SSD
6TB 7200 Seagate HDD (x2)
Windows 10
Alienware 34" 3418DW gync display
Coolermaster 240 mm closed water cooler
4 LED case fans

I have the desktop and monitor both plugged into a cyberpower 650va UPS. I literally receive this audible alarm after beginning almost any game after just a few minutes, which freezes the system and causes it to reboot. I'm guessing my UPS isn't powerful enough to handle the components, but still being new to trying to configure where I should start to begin correcting the issue, thought I'd check here for any suggestions. If you think it is a UPS issue, do you have a recommendation on what size I should move to? Or do you think it might be something else?

Just a heads up, I don't overclock anything, not have I ever with any of these components.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and/or recommendations.

Scott

Solution
'cyberpower 650va UPS'
Depending on the model, the output supported is between 360-400w... No wonder it beeps and shuts down:
-that's far less than what your psu is designed to handle, but that's not why it shuts down.
-depending on the exact model of your 2080Ti and it's Vbios, that card alone can pull the total output of the UPS by itself <- THAT's why it shuts down.
Just remove the UPS - problem solved.

Still want a UPS though?
2080Ti: 320-406w, depending on model and Vbios
9700K: Around 200w with stress tests - not quite that much in games, save for some newer ones that may run AVX.
= 520-606w, from the 2 biggest power hogs in the system.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
'cyberpower 650va UPS'
Depending on the model, the output supported is between 360-400w... No wonder it beeps and shuts down:
-that's far less than what your psu is designed to handle, but that's not why it shuts down.
-depending on the exact model of your 2080Ti and it's Vbios, that card alone can pull the total output of the UPS by itself <- THAT's why it shuts down.
Just remove the UPS - problem solved.

Still want a UPS though?
2080Ti: 320-406w, depending on model and Vbios
9700K: Around 200w with stress tests - not quite that much in games, save for some newer ones that may run AVX.
= 520-606w, from the 2 biggest power hogs in the system.

Solution