which video card should i choose?

G

I hope to purchase a new system for about CDN $1,000 = US $700. Although I don't play 3D games a lot, i still hope to play NBA200X and FIFA200X on my new system as well. Which video card should i choose?

G

I would look at a Geforce2 MX card. The price is low, and for as often as you will be playing 3d games, it should suffice for speed as well.

G

I'll second that.
For the kind of gaming it sounds like you'd be doing, a GeForce2 MX card is right up your ally. But, if you want more power, try a GeForce DDR 64? I'm not sure on the prices of them anymore, but I can't imagine them being in excess of about $200.

The Jolly Wizened Oaf!

G

Yeap, I am third. Go for Hercules 3D Prophet Geforce 2 MX (there is a version with TV-out). The good price currently for this model (with TV-OUT) approx. $120 (best price).

G

Do you know if this version always comes with the faster RAM (5.5 ns) at 183Mhz?

Thanks,

Linus

G

If you can get a rebate from ATI and want to spend a little more you could get a Radeon 32MB DDR. I got mine at Best Buy for (US) $150 (200-50 mail in rebate).

SoulReaper

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
IF you can afford it pick up a Geforce 2. If not a Elsa GeForce DDR is another great video card. You can relocate a resister and make it into a quatro.

"upgrading is no longer an option...it's a necessity"
Visit www.elitehunters.com
--SoulReaper =)

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well get the radeon 32mb ddr $200 - $50 = $150

1. BETTER FSAA ( RADEON > GEFORCE ULTRA)
2. ALOT OF FEATURES (over the GEFORCE)
3. Beats the geforce2 MX in almost any benchmarks in 32-bit color (hell the radeon sdr is faster then it in 32bit) ( this should show you the geforce mx vs radeon in 32-bit- http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/00q4/001019/radeon-06.html - this should answer)
4. 32-bit gaming should bet the standard ( where the geforce mx cant touch radeon)

--- if you want 32-bit gaming and better FSAA -GET RADEON!

G

I'd see about the GeForce 2 32 DDR.... at about 140... it KILLS THE RADEON.