[SOLVED] Which VR headset should I buy?

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
So I bought a Oculus rift S yesterday and I am starting to think that I made the wrong choice. I had one of my friends explain to me that the Quest 2 is much better and can be linked to my pc. However my GPU does not have a USB C port. I plan on playing Elite Dangerous, VRChat, Beatsaber and Doom in VR. My specs are a 3900XT and a RTX 3080. Should I return the Rift S and get the Quest 2?

Nov 17, 2020
Does it have a Type A USB3 port? I have a quest, and I bought a USB3 Type A to Type C wire, which works really well.
The PC Specs are way more than what you will need, my quest can run BeatSaber from my gf's razer blade with gtx 1660.

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Does it have a Type A USB3 port? I have a quest, and I bought a USB3 Type A to Type C wire, which works really well.
The PC Specs are way more than what you will need, my quest can run BeatSaber from my gf's razer blade with gtx 1660.
It has a USBC port and I will need a USBC to USBC cable to use to Quest 2

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
No but the port doesnt matter, you can just get a new cable if you want, a Type C to A would work too as long as its a data cable.
I bought this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MZIPYPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this works fine
I decided to buy the official cable. After searching I found that my PC has a USB C port on the back which can hook up to the Oculus Quest 2 which is in my closet now. Thanks for helping me make the decision.

TRENDING THREADS