Which Walmart has USDTV set-top box?

jlc

"notlogin" <notlogin@times.com> wrote in message
news:2h2b80h8jmqji6beuko7nr0b7q29ad8h94@4ax.com...
> Read http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2004/4744.html for ATI
> Enables USDTV's New Low-Cost Alternative To Cable TV.
>
> It says the products are available at Walmart. I can't locate any at
> walmart.com. Has anyone bought one yet? And how much does USDTV
> subscription cost?

This sounds like an interesting idea. But I'd be very surprised if it took
off. There is just to much completion with the Cable/Satellite companies for
a little start up to make it. Since this is the first I've heard of it, I'm
wondering why there hasn't been more excitement over this. And I'm wondering
how much is this box going to cost plus the subscription. JLC

I hope usdtv takes off. Right now I think it's only available in Las Vegas,
Albuquerque and Salt Lake City, as far as I know. Wal-Mart stores in those
areas probably stock the STB. The box only goes for $99.95, so that's cheap
if it works good. It would still pull in your local HDTV programs, even
without the service.
Right now, VOOM is probably the best deal if you want a lot of HDTV
programming.

Gary

--
Tweaks & Reviews