Which water cooling kit should I get?

milanores

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
I have a amd fx8350 cpu and I'm planning on overclocking it. I'm worried on doing that with the stock fan, not to mention how loud it is.

I wanted to get a really quiet water cooling system that'd fit into my cooler master haf xb case, I'm already using the top 200mm fan mount.

I wouldn't want to spend over $60, $100 would be my max.

For that a corsair H60 or H80 would be best since you cant fit something like the h100 because you have the 240mm radiator slot full. Lower end water coolers like those are on par with some air coolers but those coolers are typically large. So you would be best off with the 60 or 80 if you cant fit more. The 80 is just thicker with a second fan.

If you have the room for it, a large air cooler will be comparable in price, FAR more reliable, cool just as well, and likely be quieter.

All-in-one water coolers are a last-resort option when size is an extreme concern, in my eyes; they're just too unreliable and not effective enough to be worth the money and worry of having coolant in your rig.

milanores

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

What air cooler would you recommend? And how large would it be, there should be enough room in the haf xb right?

Basically going to echo the responses youv received already.
Unless there is some reason why you would want/need a water-cooler over an equivalent air heatsink, get the heatsink.

Although your situation might warrant a CLC, cant find anything online that suggests something like an NH-D14 can fit in a HAF-XB.

Congrats on joining the team.:D

TRENDING THREADS