[SOLVED] Which way should the fans face?

Jun 2, 2019
Ok so I have a kraken x52 240m on the front of my h500i case cooling the gpu. It’s blowing air out of the build. I have another kraken 120m on the back for the cpu. Which way should it face? Should the fans blow into the case or outside? I also have 1 120m fan on top blowing out

Solution
You have it all backwards. If you have a radiator mounted on the front of the case, it should be bringing air INTO the case, as an intake arrangement. Front mounted fans are NEVER configured for exhaust.

The rear fan, whether with or without a radiator, should always be an exhaust fan. Top fans should generally always be exhaust as well. Bottom and front are intake, pretty much always, except in a few specialized configurations or mini ITX cases, where the cooling system configuration might be specific to the case itself.

2008izm.jpg
You have it all backwards. If you have a radiator mounted on the front of the case, it should be bringing air INTO the case, as an intake arrangement. Front mounted fans are NEVER configured for exhaust.

The rear fan, whether with or without a radiator, should always be an exhaust fan. Top fans should generally always be exhaust as well. Bottom and front are intake, pretty much always, except in a few specialized configurations or mini ITX cases, where the cooling system configuration might be specific to the case itself.

2008izm.jpg

Solution