[SOLVED] Which Windows 10 disc version to buy?

JayTeeEich

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
Am looking to rebuild my PC this Christmas and finally upgrade the build with Windows 10. But looking on Amazon and eBay, which Windows 10 disc/USB stick version is what I need? There's OEM, upgrade, full, etc. I am looking for the version where I can use to reinstall Windows in the event of a corruption, new motherboard later down the road, etc. Don't wanna buy a one use version I guess you could say. Advice please, and thank you?

Solution
Win7 right now. I searched for a free upgrade to 10, but everytime I try it I'm greeted with an error. So I figured just buy a legit hard copy for a fresh install
You don't need to "search" for a Win 10 upgrade.

Do you have, or can discover, the license key for your current Win 7?
If so, that license key will work to activate a brand new Win 10 install.

JayTeeEich

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
Win7 right now. I searched for a free upgrade to 10, but everytime I try it I'm greeted with an error. So I figured just buy a legit hard copy for a fresh install

And yeah, eBay is a total last resort. Most likely Amazon since I'm ordering my components from there

USAFRet

Titan
You don't need to "search" for a Win 10 upgrade.

Do you have, or can discover, the license key for your current Win 7?
If so, that license key will work to activate a brand new Win 10 install.

Solution