Which would be a better buy?

ShawnRF

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
I am looking to buy a computer for editing HD video. I know which one is better technically but would it be better to buy and upgrade the first choice since it has the software or just buy the second one and acquire the software?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

First Choice:

$550

AMD A10 5800k (Does twice as good as an Intel i5 in any graphics test)
AMD Radeon HD 7660D (This graphics card literally ran every game I threw at it at amazing speeds)
G SKILL Dominator 8GB 1866 Ram (This is the best RAM in the market)
AsRock Motherboard (Amazing at overclocking)
Seagate 500 GB Hard Drive (This is amazingly fast and silent)
CORSAIR 430 Power Supply (These are the best power supplies in the Market)
NZXT Source 210 Elite Case (Has amazing cable management, and looks incredible)
Windows Ultimate 64 Bit
Adobe Master Collection CS6: Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Encore, Audition, and more
Microsoft Office 2013 Pro: Word, Excel, Power Point, One Note, Outlook, and more
Games: Far Cry 3, FIFA 13, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Skyrim, Sims 3, Blacklight Retribution

Second Choice:

$600

This one is less specific but the specs seem better...

AMD FX8320
500GB Hard Drive
500 watt power supply 80+
Motherboard has 3.0 USB, HDMI
4GB RAM
2GB Video Card
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Thanks again!

DSzymborski

Titan

As tiny voices said, you can do better than that if you're more specific about your needs and budget. Is this only for video editing? Will you do any gaming? Both these computers are pretty mediocre.

If you held a gun to my head and made me choose which one, I'd probably take the second one, but I'd never buy a computer without actual PSU/GPU information.

Also, don't value the software - if that was a legit Adobe, the seller would be transferring the license.

Some of the comments on the first one were...uh...interesting. I don't think even the Radeon HD 7660D's mom would give such a recommendation (it's not a discrete card despite being listed separately, it's the embedded GPU on the 5700K and 5800K).