[SOLVED] which would be the most adequate UPS for my system ? (i ran a psu calculator test)

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
hi, i just did the psu calculator from this site, perhaps someone could guide me what would be the just right option for my system without going overboard.
at the moment i have an EVGA 500W 80white plus (there are 2 versions of this i think, and one is the ***

[Moderator edit to remover profanity. Remember that this is a family friendly forum.]

one i have the decent version #inbefore i get flammed i say this)
but i will upgrade the psu to a higher wattage say 600 to 750w Bronze at least eventually just not at this moment, so lets please stay with what i currently have.

https://outervision.com/b/EBA9CT

its not like i run the system always at 4.6ghz but i put that value just to test how stable it would be.

these are the options ive seen so far in my country for psu.

https://tiendaintelmax.net/product/UPS0073

sorry its in spanish but im certain the model names will give the hint of what they are and values.

if any other information is required regarding my pc, do please ask away.
thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
The UPS should have a cable to attach to the computer usb and software that the battery can use to shut down the computer in case the outage lasts beyond the time limit. If you simply run off the battery, the computer will do an uncontrolled shutdown when its power is depleted.

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
That will work fine if the USB port allows you to attach your computer and it comes with software to shutdown in the event of power loss for a preset time, like 5 minutes.
5 min more than enough i would say for just save and power it off.

what do you mean with the usb port? you lost me there, never had a ups before so this will be a first for me.

RealBeast

Titan
The UPS should have a cable to attach to the computer usb and software that the battery can use to shut down the computer in case the outage lasts beyond the time limit. If you simply run off the battery, the computer will do an uncontrolled shutdown when its power is depleted.

Reactions: Chriss Angeh
Solution

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
thank you for your further explanation, so either of these psu that i listed will do just fine ?