Which would you put on a A7V400-MX

Currently, I have a Thunderbird 1Ghz on a A7V400-MX and want to upgrade
the system to a faster CPU. With the limited OC'bility of the A7V400-MX,
would I be better off with an AMD XP 2400, 2500 or 2600? and why?
Thanks in advance.

no e-mail wrote:
> Currently, I have a Thunderbird 1Ghz on a A7V400-MX and want to upgrade
> the system to a faster CPU. With the limited OC'bility of the A7V400-MX,
> would I be better off with an AMD XP 2400, 2500 or 2600? and why?
> Thanks in advance.

I don't understand what you mean by limited o/c ability... I currently
have the a7v400-mx with an athlon xp 2000+ and 512mb pc2100 ram. My cpu
is running right now at just under 2.5ghz (15x166mhz, 1.7vcore) air
cooled. I've never had a problem o/c, only the ram which won't let me
pass 166mhz fsb. I would recommend a mobile 2500, pc3200 (a good brand)
ram, and read about voltage modding if you want to overclock. The only
drawback I have with this mb is that voltage cannot be set in bios, so
you either have to wire mod the socket/cpu or bridge mod the cpu (which
got a little messy for me).

After doing the voltage pin mod to the socket, I found that the cpu had
no quams reaching 2-2.5ghz and still remaining relatively cool, of
course, I also unlocked my 2000+ to become a mobile.

Hope that sheds some light...