Gazownik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2012
Hey there! Lately, I've been asking for some tips on RAM for i9 and now I need some help with choosing the right MB for Intel platform.

I've two choices so far which are:

MSI Z390 MEG Ace - 343$ (but I can have it for around 211$)
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro - 238$

So basically it's between MEG Ace and AORUS Pro.

I've heard that both of them got very well made power section (I've got an intention to OC my CPU a little with custom LC)

MEG doesn't look very appealing to me visually though because of lack of led's for example on the north bridge.
Can't say the same about AORUS since it has everything lit up from the bridge to even ram slots.

USB ports are very important to me but both mobo's got the same amount (MEG has more 3.1 gen2 ports - 5 compared to 3 from AORUS but overall they both have 9 ports).

AORUS has an HDMI port which would be helpful when something happened to GPU for example.

OR...

Should I consider getting an AORUS Master or Ultra since I won't change my parts again for like... next 3-5 years or so?

HELP ME GUYS :p

Hey Gazownik,

The msi has got a usbc port, which is capable for a video output, anyways...
Its very easy to spend alot of money on a motherboard, and you are getting baited for BLinG BliNg at the moment.

I would get the asrock, Front usb c, intel LAN, troubletshootcode bios, ... ofcourse these are all gimicks, it really doesn't matter.

Good luck, you can't go wrong.