Whichis more impportant..display or gpu

Mar 7, 2019
I'm looking to buy a gaming laptop but cant decide which is more important. Should I get one with an FHD display with a 1080 gtx or one with a QHD display and a 1070 gtx.

It's also worth considering how large the display is though. On something like a 15.6" screen, even 1080p will look rather sharp. 1440p will require interface scaling for many Windows applications, and some software and games that don't expect such high resolutions on such a small display might have tiny interface elements like text that are difficult to read. For gaming, I'm not sure I would bother with 1440p on a laptop screen, and I think a high refresh-rate (like 144Hz) 1080p screen might be a better option.

Reactions: WildCard999
I'm looking to buy a gaming laptop but cant decide which is more important. Should I get one with an FHD display with a 1080 gtx or one with a QHD display and a 1070 gtx.

Actually if you want a higher res display you want the faster video card. Higher resolution means the video card has to do more work, so going with a higher res display and then getting a weaker video card is like picking a heavier car and at the same time going with a weaker engine.

For laptop screens, 1080 resolution is just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunlop0078