Whichs is better?

Keyno

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
at new egg the only ones available were the MSI and the DIAMOND 4770 and the diamond has not so great costumer reviews..
this is my first build im not sure about the companys so which is good or dependable?

blackwidow_rsa

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Customer reviews arnt always reliable. Havent had a Diamond card yet but did have a MSI gfx card and mobo, and both are still fine, their online tech support were pretty good when i stuffed up my cpu install.

blackwidow_rsa

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Seagate had a bit of trouble earlier with firmware (1TB drives mostly) but that's all fixed now. Nice gfx too. Since you chose the 720 cpu i'm assuming you will OC it? Otherwise you could probably get a cheaper motherboard.

Keyno

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Honestly i know nothing about computers just what ive been reading whats good what to look for in the past few days...
my friend jsut built his and has a wolfdale 2.5 775.. and he can overclock to 3.12 or soemthing like that but were not exactly sure what overclocking does for each component like the ram and the processor and the graphics card...
i didnt know what mobo fit so i just got the combo deal...

blackwidow_rsa

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
its a good mobo and cpu, im sure your friend could help you OC it down the road. As for OC'ing the CPU, it only affects the RAM (only if you raise the HTT bus) and the cpu, it wont do anything to your gfx card. You can OC your gfx seperately

Keyno

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
the only other mobo i seen was the ASRock A780GMH and its a micro atx so i would have to get a new case...
but idk there may be better mobos i just look at the highest ratings..

Keyno

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
and i wanted to also use the harddrive i have now its a samsung 160 gig idk the info i just know it came stock in my HP pavillion a710n i know for sure its old not sure if it will run in the build? but i dont use up alot of memory i have liek 140 gigs left on it or something around there..

blackwidow_rsa

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
depends if the hard drive is Sata. check the cable on it, if it's small and square you reuse but if its a large rectange, IDE, its better to get the new drive. Also Asrock are budget mobos but have improved a bit now, still rather get an asus or gigabyte. biostar's T-force or something series are also good. mATX fits in most big cases, its usually normal atx mobos that dont fit into smaller cases

Do the HD4770 if you can. :) And don't worry about MSI. I've had a couple MSI nVidia GPUs and haven't ever had a problem. Most GPUs are factory (ATI) with a couple tweaks or stickers. There's usually not a huge difference.

If you want a Seagate hard drive, make sure it's the 7200.12 version. 7200.10 is kinda old. Their 7200.11 are the drives that had problems with firmware (supposadly fixed). But to be safe, go 7200.12.

Or get a Western Digital if you find one comparable for price and storage capacity.