Question While playing 3x monitors goes black, 100% gpu fan speed

Sep 17, 2020
A while back while playing call of duty modern warfare I started experiencing this issue

Mid game my monitors shuts down and my gpu fans goes up to 100% + -

My computer would still give game sound and discord voice would continue working. The only thing I could do to "fix" this problem is to reboot with the power button
Some days I can play for 10 hours, other days it happens 4-5 times in a row

I have never overclocked the gpu, and my ram/cpu is running on default settings.

All my hardware is from 08.2016 exept cpu cooler and gpu , these are bought in 2019
My specs:
Motherboard : Rog Maximus VIII HERO
Cpu: Intel I7 6700k
Ram: HyperX Predator DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
Psu: Corsair RM850x 850W PSU
Gpu: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti LIGHTNING Z
Cooling: corsair 115i PRO

I have never seen any temps above 78c on my gpu and 60 on my cpu

I read some of the same topics here and I downloaded Hwinfo64 and OCCT
I stresstestested the gpu, I will link a recording lasting 2 minutes below showing my problem

View: https://youtu.be/79vB0xTcZ34

I am only playing the music in the video to show that the computer still runs even to picture is gone

What i have done:
Clean install of nvidia drivers
Clean install of windows
reinserted power cable and gpu
Changed up power cables
Played on 1 monitor changing the monitors and dp cables up ..
Tried playing with nvidia debug mode active

So, my question !
How can i rule out my psu beeing the issue without replacing it? I can rma them both but i dont want to send in the wrong component.

Or if there is another solution to my problem i would gladly appreciate all the help i can get

Thanks alot for your help!

Sep 17, 2020
Only way to rule out a part is to swap it and see if the replacement does the same thing, otherwise you are still guessing. Most likely thing is the power supply or the video card.

Thanks alot for your response, i have actually done something since i posted this.
i went to a friend of mine, I put the grapichs card in his case and we tried to stress test with the same outcome.
i am guessing the grapichs card is somehow broken and i will have to rma it.