[SOLVED] While playing a game my fans go super fast then pc freezes? RX580

Nov 9, 2018
hi

can anyone tell me if my PSU is powerful enough for my setup because i cant play ark: survival evolved game without fans going to near 4000rpm and then the whole pc freezes causing me to restart and then when back wattman says error settings back to default which turns off the fans via this stupid Zero rpm mode which i then ahve to turn off to get fans back on :(

still thinking i should send back my card to OCUK as i only got it in june2018 and this never happened till 4 weeks ago after a few AMD updates to the g card.

please any advice would be great

i5 4690k Motherboard Z97P-D3 16gb DDr3 EVGA 600 W1, 80+ WHITE 600W, Power
Supply 100-W1-0600-K3 PowerColor Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon V2 8192MB GDDR5
PCI-Express Win7 64bit

Solution
Go check the temps so you confirm that's the issue. We also need to see which component is overheating. Then we can help solve it. If it's the cpu and nothing was changed, the cooler likely wasn't mounted correctly and needs to be remounted.
Nov 9, 2018
to be honest i didnt have to to check i think it was over 70c, just turned comp again and went back on game and fans went way high then i got blue screen :(

Go check the temps so you confirm that's the issue. We also need to see which component is overheating. Then we can help solve it. If it's the cpu and nothing was changed, the cooler likely wasn't mounted correctly and needs to be remounted.

Solution