Question While SOA is running my internet speed drops to <1Mbps from ~90Mbps

Aug 7, 2019
If I start SOA (Seraphims Of Astraeus) my internet speed drops to <1Mbps from ~50Mbps. This is quite an issue as it makes the multiplayer of the game unplayable, this is a guess btw, as I've never been able to start the game without this issue.

Ralston18

Titan
Where did you get the game?

Check Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Pick one or the other and check your system before playing. Then launch SOA and play as usual but continue checking whichever tool you are using.

Look for some bottleneck that is created or develops as you play.

Also: who has full admin rights to your router? You may need help from that person.

Aug 7, 2019
Where did you get the game?

Check Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Pick one or the other and check your system before playing. Then launch SOA and play as usual but continue checking whichever tool you are using.

Look for some bottleneck that is created or develops as you play.

Also: who has full admin rights to your router? You may need help from that person.
I have as many rights as you can get on the router, it’s an Apple one. The speed decrease happens the moment I launch the game and goes away the moment I exit. There’s no need for me to do anything in game.

Ralston18

Titan
For the most part, I will have to defer on the matter. No knowledge of Apple routers per se.

If only the game is affected then, to me anyway, it appears that some QoS limit may be being placed on the game or the computer.

Check the router accordingly.

Consider reinstalling and reconfiguring SOA - the current installation may be corrupted or buggy.

Aug 7, 2019
For the most part, I will have to defer on the matter. No knowledge of Apple routers per se.

If only the game is affected then, to me anyway, it appears that some QoS limit may be being placed on the game or the computer.

Check the router accordingly.

Consider reinstalling and reconfiguring SOA - the current installation may be corrupted or buggy.
The fun thing with apple routers is, there are no QoS settings. Also the internet of the entire pc is affected while the game is on. Reinstalling the game did nothing.

Ralston18

Titan
Took another look at it all.

Not sure why but the video showing a mirrors in mirrors look....

In the video, am I correct in noting that the GPU goes to 98-99% when SOA is launched?

CPU goes very high also.

And Wifi does indeed drop significantly.

Take a look at the other tabs to see what is and is not using the CPU and GPU. First without SOA running, then with SOA. If possible remove some apps in the background.

That said....

Is the following link applicable to SOA? If so, take a close look at the System requirements: both minimum and recommended.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/925880/Seraphims_of_Astraeus/

What are your system specs: hardware and OS? PSU?

How well does your system hardware match the game's system requirements?

"Minimum" simply may not be enough. You want as much "recommended" as possible.

[Sidebar: I like the game's theme music.]

Reactions: Aresiel0666
Aug 7, 2019
The mirrors in mirrors look is probably because I had streamlabs obs open in the background, didn't minimize it.

My specs are basically equal to the recommended, cpu a bit above and I have the settings to maximum so that the cpu and gpu are almost at 100% isn't unexpected. Runs Windows 10 (Version 1903, OS Build 18362.239).

The music is pretty sweet. Specs below.

CPUIntel Core i5 7400 @ 3.00GHz
RAM16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-39)
GPU2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (MSI)

Ralston18

Titan
Okay. The loss of speed is established.

In Task Manager switch to the Processes tab and go through the same actions. I.e., watch for awhile - do the speed test, launch SOA, speed test again, etc..

Determine if a particular process is involved.

Do the same using Resource Monitor.