[SOLVED] Whining coming from EVGA Supernova 750W+ 80 PlusGold

Sep 24, 2020
So when I just use my computer for normal stuff like watching YouTube and Twitch everything is fine, but when I start playing any game you can just hear the whine sometimes super loud, I’ve heard people say this means to get a new power supply but I bought the parts and built this pc
just 7 months ago, so I’m wondering is whining normal? Are EVGA power supply’s bad in general? Or is this power supply just a bad one out of a batch? Should I get a new one? Any explanation or help is appreciated.

Solution
So when I just use my computer for normal stuff like watching YouTube and Twitch everything is fine, but when I start playing any game you can just hear the whine sometimes super loud, I’ve heard people say this means to get a new power supply but I bought the parts and built this pc
just 7 months ago, so I’m wondering is whining normal? Are EVGA power supply’s bad in general? Or is this power supply just a bad one out of a batch? Should I get a new one? Any explanation or help is appreciated.

I bought the parts and built this pc just 7 months ago, so I’m wondering is whining normal?
Coil whine is a common issue and to some degree is accepted as normal. Most companies take steps to minimize this but it does not always...

I bought the parts and built this pc just 7 months ago, so I’m wondering is whining normal?
Coil whine is a common issue and to some degree is accepted as normal. Most companies take steps to minimize this but it does not always work.

Are EVGA power supply’s bad in general?
No, not in general. EVGA does not make power supplies. They have partnerships with several manufacturers and the quality ranges from superior to inferior among their many models. To determine quality and reliability of any specific model takes some research. As an example, there are a handful of Supernova models, all with varying levels of quality. It would help to know which model you have.

Or is this power supply just a bad one out of a batch?
This remains to be seen. It may also help to know the rest of your build.
Please list your parts in this format:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
RAM:
Storage:
GPU:
PSU Brand, model and age:
Display resolution and refresh rate:

Solution