May 15, 2021
Hi there, so something very strange is happening to my PC and hopefully I can find some help here.
So I bought this PC a year and a half ago, everything was working fine until 2 months ago, when a solid white light on VGA appeared and the PC wouldn't boot. I went to the store, they told me it was most likely the graphics card and I replaced it, went back home, plugged it in, same error, then I plugged it in in another PCI port and the PC booted. "It must be the motherboard then", I thought.

The PC continued working fine until a week ago, when a white light on CPU appeared and the PC was stuck there. I simply unplugged and plugged the CPU and the PC booted like nothing happened. At this point I was pretty sure the motherboard was having some problems.

The PC worked for like 5 days without a problem until yesterday, when I booted it, it would restart itself like 3 times and then I got this message on my monitor: RAM overclocking failure. I then lowered the frequency of my RAM on the BIOS to 2133 MHz (it was on 3200 MHz previously) and the PC booted. At that point I disassembled the motherboard, went to the store and they gave me a new one. Then I mounted the PC with the new motherboard and now I'm getting a white light on Boot and after some seconds, the PC shuts down itself. I don't get any signal on my monitor and I cannot access the BIOS.

And there's more: this error happens when my 2 RAM sticks are plugged. If I leave only one of them, the error I get is white light on VGA and PC staying stuck there forever. Any idea of what's going on? I don't know if I've been giga unlucky and I've gotten another faulty motherboard, or if the problem might be the processor or the SSD. Honestly no idea at this point.

Specs are:
MSI B450-A PRO MAX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Zotac GTX 1660
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHz
Toshiba OCZ TR200 SSD 480 GB
EVGA BQ 650W 80 Plus Bronze

ASK THE COMMUNITY