[SOLVED] White cable mod sleeving for Cooler Master ML360R

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a product (perhaps a comaptible Cable Mod option) that i can use to wrap my Cooler Master ML360R tubes in white?

I was looking at the AIO sleeves from Cable Mod but they dont state if its compatible with my AIO and seem to be quite limited.

Wondering if anyone has tried or knows what i could go for to get the tubes wrapped in white?

Thanks.

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
How, exactly, is it that you think you're going to get different sleeving over those hoses since they are not designed to be removed?
Never mentioned wanting to remove them. Simply putting other sleeving over them as you would with every other AIO cooler sleeve mod. Just trying to find some compatible with my model AIO.

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
???
That... doesn't sound right at all. Cablemod's wraps all have the same dimensions(220x100x35mm), only the plastic clips are different.
The ML360R's tubes are 300mm long... your unit's tubes are strangely thick.
On cable mods page, they say their sleeves are suitable for 11mm and 16mm diameter tubes. As my tubes are already wrapped, they are quite thick and i have measured them myself too. Definitely 50mm so im not sure if i use even the largest sleeve from cable mod, it would fit?

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
You are looking at the dimensions of your cooler lines WITH the outer sleeving that they already have on them.
Correct. Have to take this into account as i wont be able to take them off. I will need a soltuion that simply goes over them. Surprised cable mod havent got a compatible one for these yet considering the popularity.

Correct. Have to take this into account as i wont be able to take them off. I will need a soltuion that simply goes over them. Surprised cable mod havent got a compatible one for these yet considering the popularity.

Yes, but they are already sleeved, which is why it is unlikely you will see a product for that cooler. Most other coolers do not have sleeved cables, so a product that sleeves them makes sense. Which is why I asked about being able to take them off, which of course, can't be done.

Reactions: Liborio

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
Yes, but they are already sleeved, which is why it is unlikely you will see a product for that cooler. Most other coolers do not have sleeved cables, so a product that sleeves them makes sense. Which is why I asked about being able to take them off, which of course, can't be done.
Mmmm i see your point. I just would have thought there would be a customisable solution to this as the cables are black and many people have coloured themes (like myself, i have all white)

Tape everything off except the lines, and give it about four light coats with this. Should do the trick. I have very successfully changed the color on a number of Noctua fans using vinyl dye, as well as a good amount of automotive dash pieces etc. Might not work on those lines, but I bet it would.

https://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP943-Vinyl-White-Satin/dp/B000CPCROA

It's highly durable stuff too.

Solution

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
Tape everything off except the lines, and give it about four light coats with this. Should do the trick. I have very successfully changed the color on a number of Noctua fans using vinyl dye, as well as a good amount of automotive dash pieces etc. Might not work on those lines, but I bet it would.

https://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP943-Vinyl-White-Satin/dp/B000CPCROA

It's highly durable stuff too.
Hmm interesting suggestion. I might try this, thanks.

Will this definitely be suitable to apply to the sleeved FEP on the tubes?

As I said, I don't know. I've never tried using it on that material. If you are thinking to REMOVE the existing sleeving and spray the actual FEP hoses, I wouldn't do that. I'd tape off the shrink tube at the ends of each hose and the whole rest of the unit, hang it from something so you can get all the way around the hoses without having to touch it, and spray just the sleeving that is already on the unit. While I'm inclined to think it might actually work on the hoses too, I can't say. The sleeving though, which is probably nylon, should take the coating pretty well as I've sprayed a number of nylon parts before with good success.

Also, I am NOT saying to do this, I am ONLY saying it is an OPTION. If it turns out that it doesn't work the way you wanted, I don't want you being pissed at me for making the suggestion. It is simply an option and you might want to get a can from wherever you can get it at (Lots of auto parts stores carry VHT vinyl dye) and test it out on some similar materials first if possible.

Reactions: Liborio
Here are some fans I've done with it.

FaFrjly.png

n8xaKT7.png

Front panel from a Define S case.

i6Vjhpm.jpg

And a cooler shroud.

gFFwv1Q.jpg

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
As I said, I don't know. I've never tried using it on that material. If you are thinking to REMOVE the existing sleeving and spray the actual FEP hoses, I wouldn't do that. I'd tape off the shrink tube at the ends of each hose and the whole rest of the unit, hang it from something so you can get all the way around the hoses without having to touch it, and spray just the sleeving that is already on the unit. While I'm inclined to think it might actually work on the hoses too, I can't say. The sleeving though, which is probably nylon, should take the coating pretty well as I've sprayed a number of nylon parts before with good success.

Also, I am NOT saying to do this, I am ONLY saying it is an OPTION. If it turns out that it doesn't work the way you wanted, I don't want you being pissed at me for making the suggestion. It is simply an option and you might want to get a can from wherever you can get it at (Lots of auto parts stores carry VHT vinyl dye) and test it out on some similar materials first if possible.
Understood.

Appreciate your input.

Nice pics!

TRENDING THREADS